Bookmark command expansion

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by farmerguyson, Jan 24, 2024.

1. That quote was from March 2022.

Is it possible for devs to revisit the idea of adding residence locations into the bookmark system?

I use the /bm system quite a bit to get to certain reses but still have to rely on a slip of paper on my desk to remember which location I need in that res. Bookmarks are awesome but could be much more usable if a location could be specified.
    Carduus_Benedict and Tuqueque like this.
  2. Hey farmerguyson, I'm going to move this on over to The Suggestion Box for ya. =]
    Tuqueque and farmerguyson like this.
  3. I'll be honest, I don't think this should be a priority.

You can easily achieve what you are asking for with a mod.
    I use Xaero minimap's waypoints exactly to store the res+locations that I want to visit in an easily in-game accessible version. Sure, it might be less portable across devices, but that's kind of a corner case.

I feel that the limited development time would be better spent on EMC-only features (anyone said more empires features?) than something achievable with an allowed mod.
  4. I completely agree with you about it not being a priority. I was just throwing the thought out there. I tend to forget about things if I don't write them down and actually just yesterday realized I could write the res locations in a written book instead of little bits of paper all over my real life desk. :)

Other players have given me the idea of using approved mods for many other useful and interesting tasks but I like simplicity, vanilla all the way. Many times I hear players commenting about the delays of getting in game due to an update. My days of tinkering and thinking of how to piece software together are pretty much over.
    Tuqueque likes this.