Best way to repair spades with mending?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AbstractToast9, Oct 22, 2017.

1. I have about a DC of enchanted spades that I've been using, and most of them have gotten to the point that they've been fixed so many times it now costs 24XP.

Obviously, 24XP is a bit much, especially when you need to fix 40-50 spades at once.

I have added mending to a few of them, but I can't seem to find a good way to repair them. I know that I can use them at mob grinders, but they seem to be horribly ineffecient.

Spades don't work well on pigmen, and spiders hardly drop any XP.

Is there a better way yo repair them? I know that diamonds and anvils can get expensive, but the way I see it, being able to repair them quickly is worth the price, but getting the XP can be time consuming too.

Thanks for the help!
  2. XP bottles
  3. You can always hold them in your off-hand and then use a sword
  4. Well... first of all, mending works like this: When you earn xp and have something with mending on you (doesn't matter if that is full or not) 50%, I think, is going derectly to thhe player, withhout any mending whatsoever, the other 50% is going to the equipment. It tests is there is mending in main/off hand and as armour slots. whhen it finds somthing it randomly goes to one of them, when the item isn't full, the xp goes to the item, when the item is full it either gets lost. So, basically, if you want to mend it up, be sure to not have anything withh mending on you, and your shovels will mend up quite quickly...
    For the way to get xp... when ruppees don't matter to you, or you tend to do villager trading anyway, I suggest using xp bottles in town, if not, the best way is togo to a mob farm, I don't know any, as I always use voter's tools, but thhat wouuld be thhe way :)
  5. Trade baby trade