Beautiful Wilds Project

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by halley, May 8, 2013.

1. Just a reminder that some people really hate to see a shredded border around every Wild spawn point. On SMP7, a friend and I are putting out little boat launches, torches, lanterns or other parkland touches near some of the "reset areas." It looks much better and the added lighting can make the area safer from hostiles too.

I've been on other servers where it was a bannable offense to leave 1x1 cobblestone or dirt towers out in the countryside. I don't think it's worth banning, but it's also just common courtesy to clean up after you make a mess. If a creeper blows up the shoreline, please fill it in. If you need fifty double-chests of dirt, find somewhere a little less obvious than the first non-spawn blocks to dig your holes. Obviously, these are just suggestions, but I ask all players to support the Beautiful Wilds Project. Spread the word.
  2. We just had a reset... It's a lot better now...
    There's no need to make new threads either.
  3. Yep, the reset makes things nice again, for now.

The prior thread was just a few pics of what I had been doing on my own, but this one was more of a request that more people get involved to maintain that nice wilderness look, even on the SMP servers I don't visit. I could have replied to my earlier post, but felt it was different enough. Wasn't aware that two threads were going to bring the system to its knees, I'll keep that in mind.
  4. I think the easiest way to help keep the wilds looking better is to build and maintain good elevated roads. Yes, people will still grab their dirt/sand right around the border, but it encourages them to roam further out, and creepers will explodinate the area a lot less often.