Baseball Collisions

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rykly18, Mar 18, 2016.

?

Collision?

Only at home plate 3 vote(s) 100.0%
Only on the basepaths 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Allowed on both 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Not allowed at all ever 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. This is for all the people out there that are baseball fanatics like me. I am a high school varsity catcher and have always been in favor of collisions. However today we played a game in which I was running to second base and the second baseman decided not to tag the bag, but instead truck me (mind you he was right next to the bag so I didn't slide as I was expecting him to tag the bag) and sent me flying, and that's no exaderation, I ended up 8 feet out of the baseline, my helmet came off my head and I landed on it and now have a pounding headache. So my question for you guys is, what do you think, should collisions be allowed at the plate and have a no tolerance rule on the base paths, or do you think collisions should be banned anywhere, forever? Thanks guys!
  2. Only at home plate. If you are collided intentionally while baserunning that is considered disrupting the base running route because there is always a next base. At home plate there is no next base and it should be anything goes.
    Goldfish_Cannon likes this.
  3. That's what I was thinking but we were up 23-1 at the time and the umpire really wanted to go home so he let it slide (no pun intended) but I felt even with the score, that was a bit unfair
  4. LOL. Why not just ask for a Mercy Rule?
    Goldfish_Cannon likes this.
  5. They said they didn't want one so we finished the fifth inning at a final score of 25-1
    Dr_Chocolate14 likes this.