Authority Concern (Mod Age)

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by SleepyPK, Apr 19, 2012.

1. A moderator told me that the age minimum (mod) was 13. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me the process in which someone becomes a moderator, because if 13 year olds can be mods, the process seems a little... ugh.
    battmeghs likes this.
  2. Ibtl
    margaritte likes this.
  3. http://empireminecraft.com/threads/moderator-application-updated-february-17th-2012.912/
    You would have to fill out the form that you can find in ^this thread. Anyone has the potential to become a moderator, but their maturity level does definitely come in to play when being chosen for moderator status. I don't believe there is anyone under the age of 17 that is a moderator on EMC as of yet(Not completely sure about that though). Rest assured, when it comes to choosing moderators Jeremy definitely knows what he's doing ;)
    Malicaii12 and GameKribJEREMY like this.
  4. I hope so.
    battmeghs likes this.
  5. Note the minimum age to even sign up for EMC is technically, by US law, 13 :)

I do not believe Jeremy has ever stated a minimum age requirement, so technically it would be 13....
  6. Also, age and maturity are not a 1:1 ratio.

My brother is 15, and I'd consider him mature enough to be a mod (though he doesn't play enough, something I scold him about all the time!), and then theirs plenty of 18+ year olds who are way too immature to be a mod.

In the end, Jeremy makes his decisions based on maturity.
    nab27, battmeghs and Malicaii12 like this.
  7. Don't worry. I got this. There's a reason we're at 30K members and advertise as one of our MAIN selling points that we're run by adults. :)

Between Justin's godly programming powers and my experience with running a dedicated and MATURE staff, I'm sure you'll have a great time here sleepy. :)
  8. I see. That's good to know, thanks.