Auction Suggestions.

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by nightmare32808, Feb 5, 2012.

1. you know this and i know this, but yesterday i had a kid come and ask if the guy who won my pick had picked it up yet, and if not could he buy it for an extra 1k. i was stunned a bit because he seems like a nice kid from the forums. i think the people who do this just don't think it's a big deal.

i guess writing it down wouldnt really work. people dont tend to read things anyway. what i mean, is make it clear to those doing it that it's not acceptable. the problem with reporting, is once the thing has happened, the thread is useless anyway, because they've sold their item already, and all thats left is the bidders feeling ripped off.
  2. Understand and agree, but not all mods need to be on all the time... just a mod needs to be on at some point in the day, which always happens. I would never want to see any kind of regulations on any postings... we are not asking for "guidelines" or rules for auctions... we are just suggesting that a mod click a button to say "yes, I have read the terms of this auction and I will hold the host responsible for carrying out the terms they have posted here." That way the auctioneer might think twice before pulling something shady like a quick sale or cancelling the auction for no reason. Again, not coming near the subject of needing guidelines for auctions or any other threads... just asking for some kind of moderation on auctions.
  3. Thank you! Unfortunately it doesn't look like it will be as simple as I was hoping.
  4. I agree completely which is why i posted this thread. I wanted other's opinions, whether we found a different way of doing the auctions or not. I just wish more people would get on board and share their opinions.
  5. You have very good insight. :) I just wish more people were honest, and in this instance I just wish there was something implemented that would make them choose the honest route.
  6. I apologize to all if this thread causes any kind of trouble. I honestly was just looking for input, and a possible solution to this GROWING problem. If there was any simple way to fix this I am certain the mods, and senior admin would have already implemented it, but it seems as though there is not. We all grow as a community every time another SMP is opened up, I just wish we could work as a community as well. I guess eventually the people doing this will no longer be able to auction because no one will bid, but that is not an immediate solution to the problem, how many more people will they rip off in the meantime is what I am concerned about.
  7. Would an auction site be any use? Iv been thinking of making one.

a) would remove a ton of posts from the forum
    b) would standardise the process somewhat

Iv got other ideas too but they would involve justin more and I think he's busy enuff as it is :)
  8. Thats actually would be BEYONE helpful. the only problem would be (well theres two major probelms) 1: We'd have to tell the WHOLE community about it, PLUS it'd have to be approved.
  9. I like this idea. The vault is already setup to transfer items from each server. The rupees balance also goes with player. If two vault type interfaces were created (one for outgoing items and one for incoming items) then the website could setup the auction. Who ever wins gets the rupees deducted from account and the item goes into their incoming items inventory.

The import/export could happen once a day during slow period.

Just like the vault, I think there should be a fee for auctions and be graduated based on support.

5 for non-supporter
    4 for iron
    3 for gold
    1 (or none) for diamond

Once people start using, I think the community will hear about it. I also think it may cut down on the chat advertising of shops. It would also help with inter-server selling. It would also be nice to have one place to find prices/items and not have to jump servers or try to read through thread advertisements.
  10. i trade mark emc-bay!
    d1223m likes this.