Any successful YouTubers here?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Leowaste, Dec 15, 2014.

1. So I have decided to start a YouTube Channel. Will revolve mainly around technology and science news with PC component reviews and things related. I have discovered it is more difficult than expected, but still really fun lol. Technology in general is my passion, so I feel it will be enjoyable to share it.

Needles to say, my first two videos are pretty rough. I am learning quickly but I learn best from others.

So, if anyone here has had any success in making/editing videos for youtube or on how to build your initial subscriber base, I would love to hear some tips or tricks.
  2. Hey Leo! I like you, so I'm gonna help you out. First, I would recommend checking out channels like this one, this one, this one, this one and this one. Most other YouTubers get a good glance of what they wanna do/how their videos will end up looking. I would also suggest getting an editing software, this one and this one are good free ones. Anyways, I can work out some stuff for you (Banner, avatar, etc., just PM me).

Regarding video content, post things people want to see. You may desire to post things that you want, and that's good, make sure you stay interesting and easy to understand language if you want a broad audience. Make sure to maintain a constant video schedule, preferably with good quality video and audio. If you don't have something to do with that, simply an iPhone 6 (if owned) camera works relatively well with the proper app. That's all I have for now, I have some things to work on, but I'll finish this up later. Good luck!
    Leowaste likes this.
  3. When I started my channel, I asked YouTubers for tips, and many of them said:

1. Stay consistent. Make a schedule that works for you and that you can devote to.
    2. Put effort into making/editing your videos.
    3. Use social media to help promote your channel.
    4. Try to be unique. Every YouTuber has his/her own style of recording, and it's harder to grow a fanbase if you copy others.
    Leowaste likes this.
  4. Thank you for the tips. My first video was a little rough, but I am working on a second one that I think will be a great improvement, but can still be better. I have the video software and can work up image stuff pretty well...my biggest drawback is remembering what to say lol. Without a teleprompter I find my self going phrase by phrase haha.

I have figured up a weekly schedule for it and may start socializing a bit after I get some good quality content. I guess I dont want to lure people in only to get dismissed because how bad it is.

More so, I feel robot-ish and need to throw more of myself into it for some flavor. But I think that will get better over time as I get more comfortable doing it.
    yankees518 likes this.
  5. Also, I am slowly brushing off the rust on my editing skills. I went to school for it but haven't used it in like 8 years LOL
    yankees518 likes this.
  6. I have 19,858 views on my most current youtube channel and this is my 3rd or 4th youtube channel since it started. The only advice I can provide is have good tags and description to bring people to your channel and good content to keep them coming back.

Good luck.
    Leowaste likes this.