Another person's shop??

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by hamrogeek, Feb 13, 2012.

1. I own a shop and I already have at least fifteen signs and chests that sell stuff. But, when I went to sell some normal, straight-off-the-sheep wool, I got a super weird message. It said "another person's shop has been detected!" and it threw the sign back at me. I put down an empty chest and put the sign right above it, and I'm definitely on my own lot. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
  2. Another player might have a shop nearby, which prevents you from setting a shop there. Try setting up the chest elsewhere.

Or

3. Actually, it turns out there was a sign directly behind it. Although, I'm not sure why it would say another person's shop was detected with a sign that said "HamroGeek's Shop" on the otherside, but I removed it and put it above the door instead. Thanks :)
  4. I've run into this a lot previously. If you have your chests/signs only parted by one block, that block is tied to one shop. It's what links the sign information and the chest information (contents). You'd want to either offset the chests/signs or place two blocks between your shops. If it detects that the adjacent block has either a chest or sign already attached to it, it will kick the sign back and won't allow you to set it up. It took me a bit to figure it out, as I'm not always the brightest cookie at 2am, but I hope this kind of clears it up. =)