[Anime] Sword Art Online Rating 4.9/5

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Tehwafflez, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Alright this is a new thing I feel like I should tell you guys about. I have been watching several new animes released in 2010+. This one is BRAN SPANKIN' NEW! I I have watched all the released episodes so far (14 to be exact) there is a planned 24 episodes.

Rating: 4.9/5
    Why the high rating? This anime was the first I REALLY got into. The story line is amazing, the plot, and the romance of the characters isn't too strong either. There was only one iffy scene where Asuna undresses a little bit (however not a big deal in my opinion I've seen way worse).

I suggest if your an anime watcher, check this one out! Or if you have never watched anime before, this is a great starter.

Subbed or Dubbed?
    At the moment everyone it is only subbed, HOWEVER don't loose me yet, the subbed version wasn't bad as the original language actors are A-MAZE-ING. The emotions they show are super accurate. ---They are making a Dubbed however it is not planned to release just yet (I'm guessing springtime)

Links:
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/sword-art-online
    http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/sword-art-online-episode-1-online
    Or just Google Sword Art Online.

PLOT: copy/paste from Wikipedia (woot woot?)

In the year 2022, the Virtual reality Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG), Sword Art Online (SAO), is released. With the Nerve Gear, a virtual reality Helmet that stimulates the user's five senses via their brain, players can experience and control their in-game characters with their minds.

On November 6, 2022, all the players log in for the first time, and subsequently discover that they are unable to log out. They are then informed by Kayaba Akihiko, the creator of SAO, that if they wish to be free and log out of the game, they must reach the 100th floor of the game's tower and defeat the final boss. However, if their avatars die in-game, their bodies will also die in the real world. The story follows Kirito, a skilled player who is determined to beat the game. As the game progresses, Kirito eventually befriends a female player called Asuna who becomes his partner and lover. After the duo discover the identity of Kayaba's avatar in SAO, they confront and defeat him, freeing themselves and the other players from the game.

Upon returning to the real world, Kirito learns that Asuna and a small group of SAO players are trapped in another VRMMORPG called Alfheim Online (ALO). Their imprisonment in ALO was part of a plan devised by Nobuyuki Sugō to subdue Asuna and marry her, in an attempt to take over her family's company. With help from old friends he met in SAO along with new allies, Kirito thwarts Nobuyuki's plans and finally reunites with Asuna in the real world.

Soon after, Kirito plays another VRMMORPG called Gun Gale Online (GGO) to investigate the mysterious connection between the game and deaths occurring in the real world. He eventually discovers that the culprits are former members of a murderous guild he has previously encountered in SAO.

After solving the murders in GGO, Kirito is recruited to assist in the development of a state-of-the-art game, UnderWorld (UW), which has an interface that is far more realistic and complex than that of the previous games he had played. In UW, the flow of time proceeds thousands of times faster than in the real world. However, Kirito ends up falling for a trap and wakes up inside the game, unable to log out and he starts looking for a way back to reality.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  2. o... k... a... y...
  3. What you never watch cartoons before? Or are you an all out Law and Order kind of person?
  4. This is the BEST ANIME EVARRRRRR :D It blew my mind ^^
    Tehwafflez likes this.
  5. i like it alot i just wish that it would upload faster than one episode a week it gets very annoying
    Tehwafflez likes this.