Allow dispensed tnt to destroy wood?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by MmarkM, Apr 13, 2020.

1. I wonder if this is even possible with anti griefing plugins in place, but it would be nice if tnt were allowed in dispensers under certain circumstances? I'm trying to design a tree farm and am at a loss for harvesting. I dont want anyone to get griefed because of this, but maybe dispensed tnt would break common blocks, or at least naturally generated ones?
    Also is there a way to prevent rapid firing of it it, so as not to create a ton of lag? I'm not very optimistic about this, but just wondering if there's any existing code that would make it feasible, or if it's a pipe dream.
    EquableHook likes this.
  2. We will look into expanding the blocks that can be destroyed to include wood/leaves/etc.
  3. if you need a harvesting solution now, i have a redstone circuit i can send you.
  4. Since 1.13 made tnt economic by breaking blocks and dropping all of them as entities, I think at least making it possible in town to use a dispenser with tnt goes hand in hand with this. I would love to see this in the frontier as well, but it might not be as feasible there due to griefing or unintentional pvp. Thanks chicken, u da man!
  5. Please send me the link to this. Tree farm isn't built yet, but it's in the design process
  6. this is in singleplayer creative

here's some notes for it:

-the gap in the top right is for a torch. when a wood block goes over it, the redstone dust on the end gets powered and turns off the farm (i'm using one of ilmango's designs). how it turns off the farm depends on the design. this isn't necessary, but it makes mining easier imo.

-the observer's face is facing where the wood exits the tree farm. the redstone dot on the block it outputs into is totally unnecessary and i forgot to remove it.

-there's a sticky piston (next to the rectangle of pistons) that pushes out the observer to prevent it causing a signal loop and breaking the setup.

-the repeater next to the sticky piston must be set to at least two ticks delay so that the repeater has time to sense the observer's output.

-this setup can be however big you want, up to the pushing limit of the pistons.

-a similar circuit can be used for stone gens, but the layout is different.
  7. Wait does this mean that EMC is allowing dispenser to fire TNT?
    Cyberazaz101 likes this.
  8. Chicken said he would look into it breaking wood, but I dont recall him responding about dispensers. But if it was strictly a town park, I dont see how it could be used to grief. And for those of us who consume alot of wood or stone, it would be a huge help for speeding up the gathering process
    EquableHook likes this.