[Suggestion] Protecting res. owners from /res kick?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ShelLuser, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys!

So I was messing with my friend AussieZaid (we were both messing around) and one of our trademark motto's is the dreaded Plot Bam! Now, all sillyness aside I used /res kick and noticed that I couldn't kick myself (makes sense) but I could kick the owner of the residence (I have an admin flag on Aussie's res.).

Which made me wonder if it could be an idea to add some failsafe there too; that the owner of a residence cannot be kicked? In case of an emergency they can always do /res !myres default (reset flags from outside the residence) of course but yeah.

It got me thinking a little.
  2. one of the main 'usecases' of this feature is if said person is AFK and in the way of building. The owner very well could be in that same scenario.

If we did this, then legit use cases would be blocked. Not going to remove usefulness due to potential misuse.

It falls into same thing as giving build to someone who's going to do malicious things to you - its the owners responsibility to not give admin flag to someone who's going to abuse them with res kick.
    ShelLuser and Chocolate800 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.