12w15a snapshot released!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Twitch1, Apr 12, 2012.

1. That's right, this week sees the release of the 12w15a Snapshot, ready for testing! What has been added, changed or removed for this version? That's a good question - this Snapshot's changes have been hidden!

Want to test it out anyway? Can you find the hidden features and fixes? If so, click the links below - we will be exploring the update for surprises, so keep an eye out right here for details!

12w15a Client: Download
    Minecraftforum.net

Minecraft Snapshot 12w15a

by Jens Bergensten on April 12, 2012
    Here’s the development snapshot of week 15, 2012! @dinnerbone requested to keep the changelog secret, so blame him for this:
    • Censored
    • Censored
    • Censored
    • Some improvements
    Get the snapshot here:
    Mojang.com
  2. well now the update isnt exciting because we dont know whats added/changed
  3. its already been applied to smp1 seems like a lot of bugfixes probably :D
  4. No, this has not been applied to anything... It is a MINECRAFT SNAPSHOT.... :)
  5. then why did server restart an u broadcasted that new snapshot works on servers yaaaay ;) im still not very sure why server went down abruptly :p
  6. Totally unrelated, we don't officially run Snapshots on EMC, you can use the client if you choose to do so.
  7. Here are the updates according to Minecraft Wiki:
    • Unknown (Censored and Some Improvements[1])
    • Any orphan baby animal will follow any adult of its kind.
    • Chickens have rare drops?
    • Stackable items now stack outside inventory when thrown to the ground individually.
    • "Pick Block" button now gives the right block, when clicking on a mob it gives the appropriate spawn egg.
    • Shift+clicking can be used to wear Armor.
    • Brewing stand allows use of shift clicking to put items in it.
    • Dispensers will deploy boats on water, and minecarts on rails. Powered minecarts and storage minecarts are also deployed similar to minecarts.
    • Right clicking a powered minecart in creative mode will act as if you would give it coal.
    • In the creative inventory, selecting a new item while holding another item no longer disposes of the old item.
    • Pressing the Pick Block button on grass will now give you the grass instead of dirt.
    Notable Bugs:
    • Pressing the Pick Block button on redstone dust gives you a Redstone Dust Block (as opposed to the item)
    • Pressing the Pick Block button on piston extenders causes your game to crash.
    • Pressing the Pick Block button on an ender dragon causes your game to crash.
    • Spawn Eggs now spawn baby mobs.[2]
    • Floating sand destroyed may crash Minecraft.
    • Cacti may spawn inside sand blocks causing the player to get stuck and lose health.[citation needed]
    • Changing the GUI scale will cause the game to crash.
    • When multiple types of Spawn Eggs are placed inside a dispenser, and the dispenser is destroyed, some of the spawn eggs will change type. If for example, you place squid, zombie, slime, and blaze spawn eggs in a dispenser, and destroy it, you might receive back 2 squid eggs and a 2 blaze eggs.
    • Pressing the Pick Block button on Water Buckets causes your game to crash.
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  8. Rare chicken drops? Have you encountered any?
  9. Does this mean we get Seeeecret Thursdays, like Seeeecret Fridays in Alpha? I hope so!
  10. I have not checked anything listed as a change in Minecraft 12w15a... I have 24 hours duty today so I have plenty of time to test out all of the information... I pulled it down to my desktop to check because I can't access on a Government Computer...