Wilderness Survival Kit

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by JoeWinchester, Dec 31, 2012.

?

Would you buy the wilderness survival kit?

Yes 2 vote(s) 33.3%
No, I already have all of that stuff. 2 vote(s) 33.3%
No, I rarely go into the wild. 1 vote(s) 16.7%
No, but I would buy a kit with diamond equiment. 1 vote(s) 16.7%
Other (please specify in comments). 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. I have been toying with the idea of selling a Minecraft starter kit/wilderness survival kit. The concept is that it would provide a new player with all of the basic items he/she might need in order to venture out into the wild right away to explore, mine, etc. without having to worry (as much) about getting killed but without going through the time to acquire all of this equipment the conventional way (i.e., raising cows for leather, digging for iron, gathering ingredients to brew potions, etc.). This would be useful not only as a starter kit for new players but also as an emergency kit (bought ahead of time) for players who die in the wild and need to quickly rearm in order to recover their items before they despawn.

So far I have put together six of these kits and their inventories consist of the following:
    1 Leather Cap (dyed grey)
    1 Leather Tunic (dyed green)
    1 Leather Pants (dyed brown)
    1 Leather Boots (dyed black)
    1 Iron Sword
    1 Bow
    20 Arrows
    1 Iron Pickaxe
    1 Stone Pickaxe
    1 Stone Shovel
    1 Stone Axe
    1 Instant Health II Potion
    1 Extended Fire Resistance Potion
    10 Steaks
    20 Baked Potatoes
    10 Torches

My question for the community is twofold. First, I would like your opinion as to anything else that I should include in the kit. I don't want it to be too cluttered but I do want to make sure that of all the necessities are covered. I didn't include wood, saplings, coal, or any ores because the idea is that the tools are provided for players to obtain those items on their own. Is there anything else that you think I should add to this list to make it more complete? (Some possibilities include a water bucket, a compass, more potions, or anything that you personally don't leave home without. Would it be helpful to include any basic enchantments?)

The second part of my question is what do you think a fair price for this kit would be? I tried to use fairly basic materials so that it would be as inexpensive for new players as possible, but there is still a lot of stuff here. I could try to price out each individual item, but since I am selling the whole kit as a set, I feel that there should be a discount. How much would you be willing to pay for all of this? How much would a new player be able to afford?

If anyone was wondering, my plan for how I intend to sell this is to put an access sign over a chest containing the full kit after I receive payment (normal shop chests wouldn't really work in this case).

Thank you for reading and I look forward to hearing your opinions on this new idea.
  2. Nice idea but ya iron armor with enchants/maybe varying levels like an iron/iron enchanted/diamond theres endless posibilities of combinations. But how to sell it. On the fourms or in a shop chest split into like 50 different chests