What was Life Meant to Be?

Discussion in 'Writers' Corner' started by BenCannoli, Feb 28, 2015.

?

Ever Wondered What Life Was Meant to Be?

Yes 28 vote(s) 73.7%
No 5 vote(s) 13.2%
[No Opinion] 5 vote(s) 13.2%
  1. life means life
  2. What is life though? It's hard to explain because we don't know entirely what the answer is.
    mercenaries2009 likes this.
  3. Life is like a game made for everyone, Even like monopoly.
    You never know what turns you will take

4. That line of "What is a man but the sum of his memories? We are the stories we live, the tales we tell ourselves!" gets me every time.
  5. To be alive is to be made of cells, have organs, be able to respirate, be able to adapt and respond to environments, be able to grow, and be able to reproduce. You don't need a consciousness to be alive.
    Chewsy4 likes this.
  6. What is the point in life if you are simply in a vegetative state? I think life was meant to be lived and enjoyed. We weren't a mistake in being created.
  7. Life is a competition among programs, DNA, to prove who is best at solving the problem, survival.

Those who are able to successfully not only survive, but thrive, creating replications of their programs, and providing sufficient resources for those replications, ultimately win. Those are the programs which are still running many millenia from today.

Here are examples of winning programs you are probably descended from.

If you haven't passed on your genetics by the time you reach infertility or death, don't fret. No matter how humble your existence, you can still have a lasting impact on this world via the butterfly effect.
    mercenaries2009 and SoulPunisher like this.
  8. As I've said before; the purpose of life is to reproduce. Think about viruses for example - they don't have a consciousness, but they're alive. Their entire life consists of getting into a body, attacking a cell and essentially blowing it up to release more of their kind they have made while inside the cell. That is reproduction.

And yeah, we were a mistake. Nothing in the Universe is meant to exist - everything is just the byproduct of chemical reactions taking place. Life is no different.

Also, how can life be enjoyed in its entirety, ever? In the modern day world, we get about 5-10 years (in the UK, atleast) to do whatever we want (that is if we don't become incapable due to advanced old age during that time). We spend about 70+ years going to work. Before that, people lived for about 20-30 years if they were lucky enough to die of 'old age' and escaped disease or wild animals, or other species of human (and other Homo Sapiens/Homo Sapiens Sapiens...).
    Everyone's existence is humble :p We're just tiny little creatures (whose predecessors and possible successors all went extinct, just like we almost did about 1 million years ago) made of carbon hugging a rock in an possibly infinitely large Universe.
  9. i feel that sure, you can grow to be 100 years old, but in the end, did you enjoy yourself, did you inspire people, if you did, you're life was no pointless, so if there is no life after death, make your time alive count
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
  10. What if you put your consciousness into a robot or computer (which, by the end of this century, may be possible to do)? You're technically not alive anymore when that happens, so does what you do in that body matter? :p
  11. SoulPunisher we clearly have different views on the origin of the universe lol. I'll go ahead and say you are wasting your time if you try to change my viewpoint, but I respect your opinion by all means ;)
    607 likes this.
  12. I wasn't trying to change your viewpoint. You asked a question, I gave my opinion on it.
    607 likes this.
  13. Well, lemme tell you something. At the moment as you may know, the world lives controlled and ruled by ideologies. Not that it is a bad thing, but is it really true that we live in a Freedom Ideology? I guess what the world needs to learn is ethics. If the power of ethics overcome the power of Ideologies, the human kind will for once, prosper and achieve peace.

This is why today, we live in a system that literaly wants you to study, work, and die, just so you can maintain the global market.
    So this is what the human kind needs... Ethics.

I do believe that people can live life the way they want it. But of course, is not something "free". You'll have to battle for it and try to do your best. But that is because (as I said) the human kind (or at least most of it) doesn't know about ethics.
    ObscureGolem likes this.
  14. I just wanted to thank everyone, I loved that you people shared your opinions with me and the community.
    I wanted to say that I was kinda surprised when I saw that 220 people had accessed the thread, it really made me happy.

You people are absolutely awesome, and I'll never forget this. Thank You All for making my day!

Also, Next week I'll post another thread about another random subject. I hope to see the same faces there :p

Thank You All! I hope all of you follow your dreams as there was no tomorrow. Run after 'em. Make 'em your happiness. Make 'em Your Life.
    ObscureGolem likes this.
  15. DNA is more like "hardware" - the more important part is middleware and software. :)
    Means to quickly adapt are required - without the need to rely on mutations / slow changes in the DNA.

Migratory birds with long-distance migration routes are not able to successfully migrate unless they learn the routes from their parents / flock.
  16. tumblr_meme_are_you_serious-8.png
    ObscureGolem likes this.
  17. When I was a kid my mother used to say that life is like a surprise box. You never know what's inside.
    And she was right... Indeed she was...
    ObscureGolem likes this.
  18. If nothing is meant to exist, then a mistake can not exist either, so there can be no mistake. There is also nothing able to make a take or make a mistake. :)
  19. Well... I can't be 100% sure if it was a mistake or not. I wasn't there to see it. BUT...
    CONSIDERING it was a mistake, let's change it then. Let's transform this mistake into a reality. Let's make it something that wasn't supposed to be a mistake then.. Let's Live Life.
    ObscureGolem and M4ster_M1ner like this.
  20. Yeah :p