wafflecoffee's 5,000 post AMA and celebration of changes

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by triphora, Jan 27, 2022.

1. I recently reached 5,000 posts on these here forums. My last such accomplishment at 4,000 posts was back in September of 2020. In that post, I gave 4Kr to the first baker's dozen of people to post there. I can't recall if I did anything to celebrate 3,000 or 1,000 posts, but I did manage to find the thread in June of 2018 for my 2k posts post.
    Back in early March of 2020, I posted an AMA. That was my third AMA after my second one in July 2018, with my first one having been June 2018. I might've done another one before that, but anyway, I don't remember. :p
    Anywho, since my last 2020 AMA, we've gone from 1.12.2 to 1.15.2 to 1.16.5 to 1.17.1 to 1.18.1, and I've seen quite a bit of change in my life. Perhaps most notably to EMC players, I've now been a contribution team member for over a year and a half now, having applied three months before that 2020 AMA and having gotten the position a month after it. I also got involved a lot in Minecraft modding, with perhaps the most notable thing being my contributions to Modrinth, now being the main site moderator there. Over the last two years, I also discovered several things about myself, including that I'm 🏳️‍⚧️ and 🏳️‍🌈.
    So anyway, I guess this is my long-winded way of saying that this is as good a time as ever to host my fourth AMA. Similarly to my 4k posts celebration, I'll be giving 5Kr to the first baker's dozen people to reply here. However, I will be requiring and expecting a high-quality question from each of you! No soup for you without a good question! ;)
  2. Do I annoy you enough?

also FIRST
  3. What is your favorite memory of playing on EMC?
  4. Are waffles and coffee your go-to breakfast?
    UltiPig likes this.
  5. besides coding and playing minecraft, what other thing you can do?
  6. I fear you're approaching me in post number... :p

Uhm, questions, questions... Want a cookie? If you do, you can come to me and get one, as I'm having tea right now. Be quick, though. I tend to go through them quite rapidly. :p
  7. Hey congrats on 5k posts!

What was your strangest moment that you had on EMC or on EMC's discord?
  8. What is your favorite road edit on EMC?

And congrats
  9. Congrats to you.. Do you know which player holds the current record for most posts and what that post count is here on EMC?
  10. Congrats! 2 parter here. What has been the most diff part of being a member of the contrib team? How has that strengthened your skills for IRL?

It's been so great knowing you since I've came back. Great work on the forums! I am so impressed with the live maps loading much faster than they used to years ago. There was a time when I sometimes couldn't even load them all the way out to my outpost! Great work on many things!
  11. I need rupees and funny enough I can't think of a good question but.. I just wanted to say .. Of all the servers you could have landed on.. I'm glad you landed and stayed here. =]
  12. Do I annoy you more than poptart?
    Kryarias likes this.
  13. Why do you insist on keeping "coffee" in your name if you don't like coffee?
  14. Have you discovered that your favorite color has shifted or changed while you have been learning about yourself and who you are?
    Or favorite foods?
  15. Not enough. Genuinely, even though I don't tend to reply to you on Discord sometimes, I'm not joking when I say that it's a great part of my day to get a random, unsolicited DM from you.
    My favourite moment on EMC may have been in 2017, when I (K9J at the time) received an iron voucher for participating in a survey from UltiPig. I also loved being sheep queen of EMC back in March and April of 2020, when I first started becoming a common face to see on EMC.
    No. :p It depends on the mood I'm in, but usually I'll eat either a bagel with cream cheese, a microwave breakfast sandwich, or a small bowl of Blueberry Chex. It's actually kind of rare that I ever eat waffles. I amn't a fan of coffee; it's far too bitter for my tastes.
    Those two and talking on Discord tend to be my three favourite ways to pass the time. I also do homework, sometimes. :p
    So it appears I am ;)
    I do want a cookie! I fear that I'm too late, though.
    Strangest... hmm. I guess it was the time that jewel said he'd never eaten steak before. Or a lot of foods, for that matter.
    The one that comes to mind is a random garden on smp9 between four residences. I can't remember the location or why I liked it so much, but I just did. The adjacent residences are gone, so I suspect it was some sort of four-residence garden, with only the road portions remaining.
    And thanks! :D

The live maps weren't my doing. I don't think chicken can even be attributed to that, considering EMC doesn't make the DynMap plugin that the livemap uses.
    Anyway, these are some great questions. Definitely the most difficult part is self-restraint :p I've found a lot of teeny-tiny issues with various pages or entire sections, and it sometimes takes me a bit to not go on an editing frenzy. To put it mildly, I've been told to stop editing stuff at least once :p Contributing to EMC has also taught me more teamwork skills, considering I've always wanted to do stuff alone. Can't really do that in a community team :D
    Hey, I'll send some over anyway. :) You green beans don't get paid enough - I've learned that after doing Discord moderation in a few different places :p
    What? No. :rofl: :lmao: You even dare to compare yourself to pooftarp?
    It's my domain: https://waffle.coffee. In most places, my username is now "Emmaffle", combining my name (Emma) with waffle, but on EMC I think it would be unwise of me to change my name.
    Yep. My favourite colour has historically been a kind of toothpaste blue, but now there's no way other than purple.
    As for foods, that hasn't really changed. I still crave anything spicy at every opportunity ;)
  16. Didn't want to post for a prize, but did have to ask, as a fan of coffee....
    What is your favorite coffee?!?
  17. Fascinating.
  18. Will anyone out post the postmaster?
  19. Not even the "I mustache you a question but I will shave it for later?" A Classic joke that will remain along with the Poptart crumbs of old.