Useful Tool: EMC Shopkeeper

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by shavingfoam, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Yeah, but I've got 130o-ish pages, any way i can view them all at once?
  2. Nope, sorry
  3. I am having the same issue as a few people from the last page, but I don't get how to share this problem,
    But since its the same error, I don't need to share it right? Is a solution already found ?

Beside this error, it seems like a nice program, beside an empty table :(
  4. This issue is still unresolved. Do you know what page it is failing on? If so, can you PM me the HTML of that page? To get the HTML, load the page in your browser, right-click anywhere on the page, and select "View Page Source".
    NZScruffy likes this.
  5. Just going to follow this thread. When I make my shop I'm going to use this to come up with weekly specials...
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  6. shaving, I go to put in my credentials, but it like refreshes and doesn't let me, I even tested on the site and it is the same User/Pass i put in each time.
  7. Can't seem to log in?
  8. Yea, that is the issue im having.
  9. Rats, I have been experiencing this issue as well. I was hoping nobody else was.

There is a workaround:

1. When the login dialog appears, make sure the "Remember Me" checkbox is checked and enter your credentials.
    2. When the dialog appears for the second time, click Cancel.
    3. Close and re-open the app.
    4. Transaction updates should now work.
    NZScruffy likes this.
  10. Capture.PNG
    Im now getting this.....
  11. Did you close it first? You can only run once instance of the app at a time. What happens when you click Details?
    NZScruffy likes this.
  12. It is working now :)
    607 likes this.
  13. I'm also getting the same error as other players. And is there a way, if you hit 'remember me' to change the username? I'm having an alt, so I would to test it with him, but I allways get logged on with my main account. Unbenannt.png
  14. You can use profiles to login under multiple accounts. Unfortunately, there's no user-friendly way to do this yet, so you have to use the command-line.

To create a new profile, download the full JAR file and run the following command from the terminal:

Code:
    java -jar emc-shopkeeper-full.jar -p yourOtherUserName
    This will create a new profile with its own database. To load your old profile, leave out the "-p yourOtherUserName" part, or just double-click on the JAR file.
    NZScruffy likes this.
  15. Sorry if I look dumb, but how do you run a command from the terminal?
  16. Press "Windows-R" on your keyboard, type "cmd", and press Enter. Then, switch to the directory that contains the JAR file using the "cd" command (for example "cd \Users\myusername\Downloads"). Lastly, run the command from my previous post.
    NZScruffy likes this.
  17. Correction: The correct command to use for loading a profile is the following:

Code:
    java -jar emc-shopkeeper-full.jar --profile=yourOtherUserName
    NZScruffy and mba2012 like this.
  18. Version 0.1.3 released. Changes include:
    • Fixed the issue where the login dialog would repeatedly appear, despite the fact that the user entered valid credentials.
    • Potentially fixed the "NullPointerException" issue many people were getting. Need people to test it out.
    • Separated out the "quantity" and "rupee" values in the table into columns of their own.
    • Added some missing item icons.
    • Added an app icon.
    • Added Mac menubar integration.
    screenshot01.png
    Click here to run (or download the full JAR file).
  19. shavingfoam - as a very appreciative user of your handy program, could you please include a field that shows all the names of the people that have shopped at your store, or at the very least, a number count of different shoppers?

I would like to know how many customers I've had and do special events at certain numbers, etc.

Would this be complicated to achieve on your part?
    jkjkjk182 and Jake_bagby like this.
  20. Something like this? (I blanked out the player names)

Screen Shot 2013-04-28 at 7.05.53 PM.png

This view displays the items that each player bought/sold at your shop. You can sort it by player name, best suppliers, or best customers. It also displays the dates of the first and last transactions each player made.

I thought slimming down the number of columns would be better, but now I'm thinking that maybe I should provide the same number of columns that the item table has. For example, someone might have bought 60 diamonds from you last year and then sold 50 diamonds to you last month. Instead of showing both these data points, it takes the sum of them. So it would display a quantity of "-10", which makes it appear as if they bought only 10 diamonds from you.
    NZScruffy likes this.