Ultra Hardcore Battle

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by d1223m, Apr 20, 2012.

1. d1223m Well-Known Member

The not-offiicial-at-all EMC Ultra Hardcore Games.

A few of us get together to play Ultra Hardcore PVP. We play in the evenings (GMT) around 7 or 8 at night.

If you dont know what Ultra Hardcore is the play is as follows:
    • Your health does not regenerate - the only way to get health is via golden apples or potions
    • The game is on hard mode
    • You will die fast.
    We play with the extra rules:
    • You may not attack anyone until AFTER the first night to give everyone a chance to collect some resources.
    • Thats it :D
    If you wish to play join IRC and ask when the next game is. Instructions on joining IRC can be found here http://empireminecraft.com/threads/empire-minecraft-irc-channel-emc-on-irc-esper-net.6853/
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  2. Joshposh70 Well-Known Member

3. d1223m Well-Known Member

Yay - now just need some people... cmon people! :)
  4. Joshposh70 Well-Known Member

I shall join too :)
  5. nab27 Well-Known Member

I'd be up for this
    d1223m likes this.
  6. d1223m Well-Known Member

Im suggesting we do a fixed world size with all against all when we get over 6-8 people?
  7. IcecreamCow Original Founder

I'll hop on and try this if I'm around.
  8. ftyvdryhc Member

Im sure my boss wont mind if I host it on one of our VM' servers?
  9. d1223m Well-Known Member

Thanks ftyvdryhc but josh has set up a server so we'll try that out and see how it goes.
  10. d1223m Well-Known Member

When do people want to play? Id be up for a small game at 9pm GMT? (about 40mins)
  11. d1223m Well-Known Member

12. ftyvdryhc Member

Cool if im allowed to play im down, also Call me FTY Or jimz
  13. Xandrow Well-Known Member

I might want to join aswell. But could you MCEDIT a map. Make it smaller, so we don't have to travel THOUSANDS of blocks to find others.

And did you get the idea by the Mindcrack team? :p
  14. d1223m Well-Known Member

Yes the idea is from mindcrack. We're trying to limit the world size as well - the mod supports that
  15. d1223m Well-Known Member

We're having a small test run right now to fix the bugs :D
  16. Xandrow Well-Known Member

17. yankees518 Well-Known Member

Is it up? Daniel wants to play....
  18. d1223m Well-Known Member

We joined, we played and... I won :p

It was good! We learnt to tweak the map size to something playable in a reasonably short amount of time and a few of the other settings.

It took a few attempts to actually get a fight and not just dying from mobs of course.... :D

I will definatly be up for this again if other people are. It seems IRC works as a good way to sort it all out.
  19. ftyvdryhc Member

Yes I agree was a very good game, Got ambushed in the end so did not have time to setup our lava traps... but very very fun, I think Justin should look into running this on emc, perhaps a hardcore game that resets ever 1hr...

But big thanks to josh for hosting it and d1223m and nab and aikar for all the fun :)
    nab27 likes this.
  20. d1223m Well-Known Member

I think this would be great as an EMC server, the trouble I see is that with timezones and stuff it would be very hard to coordinate. I think it would have to be ultra hardcore + some sort of challenge. Like collect a set of blocks or brew all potions or something. So pvp is allowed but being the last player standing isnt the whole goal.
    nab27 and ftyvdryhc like this.