The Empire of the Future - My vision! (Updated: 7/13/18)

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /ps and your difficulty
    607 likes this.
  2. Because we like to promote "play your way" EMC has different difficulty levels.
    1 being the easiest, 10 being the hardest.
    With /ps you can set them.
    1 will be very easy, you also won't get special mobs and very rare drops.
    5 is the standard difficulty, equals to about normal mode in vanilla minecraft.
    When you're playing on 7 or 8 you'll have to deal with our "enraged mobs" that are harder to deal with than regular mobs and also with our two bosses, the "Momentus", a giant, and the "Marlix", a flying skeleton. They will give you very special drops.

So in short, the higher a difficulty you play on, the more challenging it will get, but the higher you'll be rewarded.

One last thing to note is that when playing on high difficulties mobs may "resist" your attack when they can't get to you. That means, when playing on difficulty 8 you shouldn't pillar up and shoot mobs with a bow.
  3. I agree with your statement above but I also have to point out that Mojang is a business and no matter what a large CHUNK of society says, they along with other Entities in the world of business are looking for that next Dollar, Pound, etc... It is sad when We The Players put large amounts of dedicated lifespans towards such a fulfilling and community based game but the evils of Corruption and Business can weasel its way through our Motherboards and Processors to our very gameplay experience. I hope that you continue to maintain and build the server and I would like to submit my ideas if there is a way to give proper feedback that may help on a short to mid-term basis. Thanks again from LifeClutch aka "JohnFromMaine285"
  4. Love these ideas. Can't wait till they are done. Good luck!!
  5. This is cool beans. Can't wait for it to be in'game. :)
    jkjkjk182 and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  6. Well it is sticky and still a valid thread.... Just wish it was more relevant discussion lol.

But least some people are seeing it that haven't seen it before.
  7. Ohhh, what happened to your old updates thread?
  8. its in the updates forum. that thread is about progress, this is about vision of whats to come in better detail.

This is more political, other is more technical.
    crystaldragon13, 607 and Gawadrolt like this.
  9. I've never read this and I'm glad I did. Thanks for your vision !
    crystaldragon13, 607 and Gawadrolt like this.
  10. 607, cadgamer101, boozle628 and 5 others like this.
  11. Great ideas Aikar! I'm new to EMC & really like the way it's set up, not boring by any means, for me anyway...always lots to do! lol Hope your plans/ideas work out the way you want them to. :) I'm looking forward to the proposed changes in the upcoming future...Long Live EMC!! :cool:
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  12. Great ideas, haven't been a member for long but my daughter and i both love the community feel of Empire.
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  13. Awesome, just plain awesome ;):D:p:):cool:
  14. i vote for enraged squids
  15. Can someone correct my checklist, because i think I'm missing some stuff

Done

1. Winning tokens by winning events
    2. more events
    3. New pvp arenas
    4. be able to /pvp
    5. more residences(WIP)
    6. tokens(not so usefull

Not done or worked on(not completed

• Tokens, Not so useful yet
      Challenge Tokens: A new currency that denotes you completed a more challenging Task
      • These will then be redeemable for other rewards such as: Dragon Eggs, Sponge, High End armor/weapons, rupees, Empire Sr Staff Services, etc.
      • These will have a leader-board on Tokens earned, giving a sense of competition
      • These will not be purchasable, they must be earned.
    • Dragon Tombs
      Dragon Tombs: The first step in mass group play and challenging events
      • Designed to need to put a good bit of effort just to be able to enter the event!
      [*]
      • Give players a need to work with others (minimum player count to enter)
      • Give players incentive to form larger than necessary groups (by giving everyone loot)
    • Empire Credits
      : Redesigning the entire supporter system!
      • Moving everything over to a third currency that is used to pay for perks ala carte.
      • Supporters will then be able pick what perks they actually care about and not pay for the ones they don't want
      • Credits will be the reward for actions that help the Empire grow.
        • Supporting
        • Voting
        • Referring
        • Misc Rewards (Valuable Content Contribution for example, Banner Contents)
      • Credits will be gift-able
      • Like purchasing rupees today, get free credit bonuses for pre-paying
      • Will be able to buy "Packages" like "Diamond Supporter (Legacy)" that contains all the current day perks in 1 package.
      • Can set them to re-occuring just as it is today.
      • Support for other payment systems beyond paypal
      • Ability to upgrade the forums finally...
    • Mini Games (Worked on)
      Mini Games: Giving players tiny little things to do when bored of other things
      • Full automated support for current games like Mob Arena/Creature Capture/Fire Floor
        • Gauntlet: Leaderboards included on who was able to survive the longest
        • Frenzy: Onslaught of mobs at once - compete with leaderboards on who can clear it the fastest
    • Empires
      : If you've played any MMORPG's, just think of the word "Guild". A permanent group system that persists across all Empire servers.
      • Intent to have pages specific on the website for everyone's Empire giving the owner control on what is on the page, as well as letting leaders of the Empire post to it too.
      • Ability to cross-server chat within your Empire
      • Ability to be in multiple Empires, but only 1 active per server.
      • Achievements for Empires to do things together
      • Ability to set Residence flags by Empire (So give everyone in your Empire access)
      [*]Empire Land Claiming: Ability for an Empire to claim land in the wild
      • Use a combination of Challenge Tokens and Rupees to claim the land (So you won't EXACTLY use a Dragon Egg)
      • Ability to teleport to/from town to your Empire's land
      • Ability to expand the size of claimed land
    • Quests:
      Little Mini Tasks to give players something to do to earn rupees/items.
      • Attempt to let players create their own tasks to essentially create "for hire" tasks of things they need done and let the system enforce the completion before payout.
      • Have a Quest Hub where new players can find general tasks to do.
      • Designed to be a little more fun than plain monster slaying/mining. Give a sense of goal when you go out into the Wastelands to earn a little bonus for completing it.
    • Dungeons
      More Dungeons like the Dragon Tombs:
      • Want to add more criteria similar to Dragon Tombs to let people enter other advanced boss fights to earn tons of Challenge Tokens.
    • Optional PVP Game-play (Worked on)
      Optional PVP Game-play: Add a /server pvp that has a "Red vs Blue" match style PVP match that is focused on fun and fair PVP competition, to give players who desire that blood thirst a chance to relieve themselves without going to a different server instead.
    • Dystopia
      : For the ultimate hardcore - a World designed to slaughter you.
      • Attempt to survive this nightmare to potentially earn epic rewards.
    • New Town( worked on)
      : Improve the concept of our town world - Add new BIGGER lots to town
      • We've learned a lot about Minecraft since the start of EMC. There's some flaws in our town world design, so we would like to give players the OPTION to get say an 80x80 lot in town, and 160x160 in Utopia maybe. Details are not established!
      • Existing 60x60 will remain available, as some would prefer the size to be closer to neighbors. You would have the option on size.
      • Considering the name "Uptown", Would actually be in a new world "uptown1", "uptown2" etc, as will be performance benefits to split into multiple worlds instead of 1, but this numbering will be transparent to the users.
    Sorry, I'm not good with spoilers
  16. Holy spoiler buttons lol
    tuqueque likes this.
  17. [/spoiler]
    Challenge tokens are done or at least worked on. Have you ever heard of tokens? :p

Dragon tombs has also had some work completed on it.
    tuqueque likes this.
  18. Aikar can't wait to see these come out in the future
    Take your time
    I'm not going anywhere EMC is B.A.E
  19. Awesome! If this can happen in the future, im sure lots of players will come back.
    607 and Chespinlover77 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.