The Cake Virus - Protecting Yourself

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JackBiggin, Sep 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here's a dumb one
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
    48 Quintilian years.
  2. It would take 23 trillion years to crack mine...hmmm not good enough lol :p
  3. [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84375)]It would take [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84375)]a desktop PC[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84375)] about[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84375)]A thousand years[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84375)]to crack your password[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84375)]NEED MORE TIME!!![/COLOR]
    nfell2009 likes this.
  4. i recomend changing it to tMhklrsLyu
    7x72OejB1T by3OUnuoKf (or somthing like it
  5. This is my legitamate password... I dont think it will be cracked any time soon :)
  6. Not really. That site uses common password cracking program equations to figure out how long it would take to get it. But, it cant measure guessing abilities. According to it, it would take a day to crack my password. Guess what password would take 8 days to crack? That password must be better than my password, right? Nope, the 8 day password is! *drum roll* Minecraft. Making passwords takes common sense. On a minecraft website, the dumbest thing anyone could do is make their password "Minecraft". People could guess it right away. But, if your password is "cakesucks", that is less likely to be guessed (the website said it would take 22 minutes to crack). What i am trying to say is, that website gives you a false sense of security. 4 random letters, and 4 random numbers = 11 minutes. Minecraft = 8 days?! When making a password, the most important thing is to make sure it isnt an easy guess. That website isnt really useful for websites like this (or a MC account) because the chances of someone spending their time to run a password cracker, just to get onto these profiles, is very little.

Heres another example. Jack, if this is your password, im sorry for telling it to EMC:p
    User: JackBiggin
    Password: BigginJack (a 1 year crack password)
    Now, seriously, would it take you a year to figure that out?:rolleyes:

Am i making sense? I suck at explaining things:( What im trying to say it, USE COMMON SENSE. Even though that site may say it takes 5246456 years to crack your password, it might still not be safe. The situation that perfectly fits that site, would be if you were a CEO at any company, where they actually have to worry about people using professional grade hacking programs.
    Penguinub and JackBiggin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.