smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Hello. This, to me, seems amazing. I have viewed it once or twice, a few years in the past, but now I am taking action.

May I join this community of hardworking people? I think that I may be of some assistance.
  2. Yes, of course! I'll pm you a map, coords, and some welcome info soon.
  3. I think it's open to the public now (when I joined you had to be accepted in). Just come along!
    Galantisizer likes this.
  4. We still prefer a hello on the thread ;)
    Galantisizer likes this.
  5. May I please be added to the member list?

(Date Joined: 17/08/15)
    Sunny_Chicken and Philovanrood like this.
  6. You just reminded me that I really need to update that..:oops:
    Will do.
    zulu9 and Galantisizer like this.
  7. zulu9, Philovanrood and Galantisizer like this.
  8. Hi folks!
    I just got a notification email about the new member list and am amazed this place still exists.
    I am very busy with my personal life esp. work and the little free time I got goes into playing other games.
    But getting that notification and then looking at the sitll active thread, recognizing some of the nicknames put a huge smile on my face!
    I am really glad that this little place I startet several years ago still exists. I hope you have the best of times there just as I did.

LLO will as long as it exists be my homebase if I ever find the time to play minecraft again.
  9. *get in a quick Yo Zulu
    zulu9 and penfoldex like this.
  10. Zulu! :D
    We really miss you. But alas, we continue on, growing. I hope someday you do return to see all the new stuff.

And sorry to change this to business, but Jakres was wondering if we could change the opening post. I recommended that we asked you first, and since you're here, could you provide us with an answer?
    zulu9 likes this.
  11. If the community decides on a new text for the OP or need other technical stuff done only I can do
    feel free to contact me.
    I might check the Inbox here once in a while but the fastest way would actually be via Google+ since I use that anyway. Since G+ is not that popular and I do not want to impose it on anyone I will also give an Email-Adress out on request.

I think the few places this might be needed are:
    • The OP here.
    • Some technical parts of the website
    • Some parts of the community on G+
    Please try to be specific what changes have to be made or who needs additional access. :)
    I will post any requests for permissions or changes I get privately on this thread for community review to avoid abuse.

In the meantime enjoy some random screenshots I took while roaming the LLO in the olden days :D
    https://goo.gl/photos/d2cHN9cEEsxoTXHz9

And most importantly: Enjoy the LLO!
    :cool:
    Philovanrood and penfoldex like this.
  12. I like that after all the years I was typing my answer to Jakres after browsing a few pages back while you asked me for that exact answer. :D
    penfoldex and Galantisizer like this.
  13. Well, hello there, zulu9. I just joined today. It is a nice experience for such a new player to meet one of the oldest ones.

Pen, I am also a member of the PoC, so I can help with "Foreign Affairs".
    penfoldex and zulu9 like this.
  14. Well, welcome to the LLO! :)
    (Wow, feels good to type that again after such a long time)
    penfoldex and Galantisizer like this.
  15. Thank you, and I hope to one day see you in-game.
  16. Having skimmed through the posts back to march this year I like to leave a few comments.
    Just short impressions as I have not been there a long time.
    Sry fot the rant:
    TL;DR version:
    * Good idea: Repair stuff griefed 2 years ago
    * Good idea: Relations with other outposts but be careful
    * Good idea: Try to organize districts / teams but don't get lost in "paper work "and endless debates

1)
    There still seem to be leftovers from the big grief over 2 years ago. I think those areas should be free for retaking including a complete teardown. I don't know what the EMC policy for such cases is but just want to make sure there will be no complaints from me.

2)
    It seems the LLO is forming relation with other outposts again, which is a great thing. A few words of warning to not repeat the mistakes we made with such things in the past:
    1. Be friendly
    2. Don't let the other outpost impose rules or structures on the LLO and vice versa.

3)
    Self-Government or the lack of it.
    We tried to be not political. But of course with a community growing and people building things politics came up. We then soon created a FAQ
    https://sites.google.com/site/emclastlightoutpost/faq
    which was mainly a tutorial on how to behave at the starting area of the LLO. But it had (and still has) this at the end:
    And similar guideline were created through sign, forums posts for various districts and buildings.

After all that said I personally do not mind if the LLO decides to get a more federal system with people responsible for different parts. The bigger the place gets the more need for some sort of organisation esp. if you want to keep the awesome parts like the
    ***EPIC RAILWAY SYSTEM***

So just be sure to not get lost in beaucracy and keep the fun in building!!

---
  17. Just found these on youtube and wanted to share.
    I remember the storms shown in the first one. Too bad Mojang nerfed those later.

penfoldex likes this.
  18. Although I never knew you, it is nice to see you back. :p
    Sunny_Chicken and zulu9 like this.
  19. Glad to see you on zulu9:) im new and I would jst like to say u made LLO a great place thank you
    zulu9 likes this.