smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. How are things going?
    Is the second Philotower finished?
    It has been unusually quiet here.
    Jakres and mba2012 like this.
  2. It has been quiet... :(

I need to work on my mansion!
    Jakres, Jimbonothing64 and zulu9 like this.
  3. I know it is late but I will honor the annual of the big august griefing with this:

:cool:
  4. Really been a year since that event man... Time is flying by atm
    Jakres, zulu9 and mba2012 like this.
  5. It's mostly done. I'm still brainstorming exactly how I'm going to "finish" it. I never really complete anything. Even the first tower has gotten some evolutionary changes. You may notice more trees around the vicinity. ;D
    I just don't get a lot of time to play, and sometimes other games take my attention. ;D
  6. Adventure time, LLO folks! The new Philo tower (I still haven't thought of a good name for it yet) has a new addition to encourage tourism and exploration of the often overlooked areas underground.
    Presenting.....ADVENTURE DROP!

Climb to the top of the new tower and walk off the end. Don't run, or you may overshoot, and I'm not responsible for any deaths, nor loss of super sweet items as a result of careless skydiving, so JUMP AT YOUR OWN RISK. ;D
    There's two blocks deep of water at the bottom, but you're shooting down a 3x3 shaft, so there is little room for error. Without the threat of death, it's hardly an adventure, right? hehehehe

When (IF) you make it to the bottom, take the steps up out of the hole and be greeted by one of the magnificent underground ravines that crisscross the subterranean LLO. BEWARE OF MOBS!!! It's not completely lit everywhere down there, so be careful on your way up.
    Hint: The easiest way up is just to the right in this last pic, a 2x2 spiral stair and another couple close by that lead to the basement of Philo Tower. You should be able to find your way out from there, or you can try to find the path I cut on the way down. There are probably hundreds of ways to go, but that's the point of adventuring, right?
    Be safe and have fun, friends!
  7. One of my rarely given likes for you :D
    Jakres, Jimbonothing64, zulu9 and 2 others like this.
  8. TIP: Don't jump with short render distance...

In other news, Philos skydive is awesomely amazing! :D
  9. Whoa…that looks amazing!
    Would this be the massive ravine that is under most of the LLO?
  10. One part of it :p
    Jakres likes this.
  11. This looks awesome. Can anyone make a vid of the jump?
    It brings up memories of the treefarm fast exits in the early days. But a lot more dangerous :)
  12. True. I've found no less than 7-8 ravines under just the desert and jungle biomes of the main LLO area, and many of them interconnect with either each other, or through caves and abandoned mineshafts. It's another whole world down there to get lost in. ;D

I just noticed also that I forgot to turn off my death waypoint. That shaft of light in the first and last pics is from my last death, on the tier 2 balcony, when a skelly shot me off the scaffold as I was building the last few vertical beams. Surprisingly, I didn't fall once whilst digging the adventure hole. I guess it pays to download the world and do your test bores in creative mode. hehehe ;D
  13. Just came across this on a local news site...

"JACKSON, N.J. (AP) -- An amusement park in New Jersey says it will build the world's tallest drop ride.
    Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson says Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom will hoist riders 415 feet in the air and drop them back to the ground at 90 mph. Adding to the thrill factor: The park's Kingda Ka roller coaster trains will hurl toward riders on Zumanjaro at speeds up to 128 mph."

415 ft.=126.5 m

Top of Adventure drop (143) to the water (6)=137 m

I win. hehehehe ;D
  14. Hey gais...
    What did I miss? :D
    Jakres likes this.
  15. Your house got claimed by someone...

But, we are building a University! Eventually >.>
    Jakres and zulu9 like this.
  16. Someone built a house on your roof...
    Jakres and mba2012 like this.
  17. That's OK, aslong as both are still accessible?

Also, i'm back in the tutorial - i'll be out there again, soon... with no tools or armor :p
    Jakres and Jimbonothing64 like this.
  18. I hope the person who originally built doesn't mind, I took liberty to rebuild the Philo Tower Mooshroom Soup Bar into the style and structure of the Plaza. If you want to redo the signs, go ahead by all means. Thank you for installing a soup bar in the first place. ;D
  19. You're welcome.
    Jakres, zulu9 and Philovanrood like this.
  20. Well LLO, I'll be taking a vacation from this place for a little while to focus on project of mine. Kinda devoting all the available minecraft time I have to that one project and my utopia res.
    I won't be leaving for good, and if anybody needs anything, you're all welcome to ask me. I'm just leaving this note as a bit of a heads-up of why there might not be new hot air balloons popping up randomly anymore. :p
    Until next time. :)
    -[username should be here]
    zulu9, Jakres, Sunny_Chicken and 2 others like this.