smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. And no LLO member has said a thing yet. just to tell you, The LLO has a thing against cobblestone structures(ask L0tad) and would probably not like it. But where to you plan on building this?
  2. Question: Is there a railway from Yeti Village to Downtown LLO?
    Jakres likes this.
  3. Yes I believe so ask Mba or jimbo in game the will prolly know where it is. I rode it once but can't really remember where it is
    Jakres likes this.
  4. Yes, just go to Winter station and place the minecart on the rail that takes to the jungle station or LLO West. (There is a sign that says were it leads to)
    mba2012 likes this.
  5. ok, thanks! i tried going back to town from my place at LLO, but i died on the way :( (and yes, i did use the rail to the periodic reset area.)
    Jakres likes this.
  6. Tell me about it...

It takes skill to make a cobble building look good, and most of us don't have it.

I don't know about 72volt moving in tho, i can find him a good spot not far, although not in our border, a 5 minute walk/30 second rail trip.
    Not trying to be offensive here, and not trying to stop him, i will just create allot of friction with in the community/us V town/us V mods, and us V other wild outposts.

Will it have a lava wall?
    Jakres, Jimbonothing64 and mba2012 like this.
  7. smp7   jungle outpost   Page 470   Empire Minecraft.png

OK, CREEPING ME OUT
  8. Jakres, Jimbonothing64 and penfoldex like this.
  9. Yea the white line goes to GC from there there is a rail there
    Jakres likes this.
  10. And it should. But it is not a hack or something. Just some snippet showing you what *every* website you visit
    knows about you too. Actually they usually know much more (like the res of your screen etc).
    https://panopticlick.eff.org/ check this out. Most configurations today are actually pretty unique so you might be
    totally identifiable by your browser / OS / ISP configuration alone.
    Jakres and L0tad like this.

11. LLO with low and high view distance ;)
  12. Minor griefing at the LLO. Damage to the white and lime lines.
    Jakres likes this.
  13. From the website: The cool thing about this graphic is that when people see it, they think their private information (like their city or IP address) is being publicly shown on your Myspace background, layout, blog, or forum, and they think that other people can see their private info! Their first thought is, "hey, how did my IP address get on this website?!", or "why is this website telling people where are live?!" In reality, they are the only one that can see their private info, because the graphic is created in real-time for each person who sees is. When you see the graphic, you will see your IP. When others see the graphic, they will see their IP.
    zulu9, Jakres, L0tad and 2 others like this.
  14. People don't need that privacy, they were going to log on to facebook anyways...
    Jakres, penfoldex and Jimbonothing64 like this.
  15. With all due respect, I'm not that focused on making the exterior look good, I'm focusing the group efforts on the interior. If you're all really really annoyed about a cobblestone structure, we can figure out a method to decorate the exterior every time we expand so it doesn't look as noobish or I can simply move to the outskirts of the outpost.

However, I'd prefer to have my construction as close to LLO's main residential centre as possible, wherever that is. The reason for that is that I'm making this as a politically seperate outpost, but geographically part of the LLO. I plan to make something like Lesotho, which is a country that is completely surrounded by South Africa, or the Vatican, which is completely surrounded by Italy. This means we'll have to find a balance between having the construction so far out so the exterior design does not matter and close enough for it to be accessible from the residential centre.

The reason I want it close to the residential centre is so I can grow my outpost. I am not stealing LLO members, one may be a member of both the LSCC and the LLO, and the LSCC will make a fair contribution to LLO, which you are welcome to interpret as our rent for the stay. We do plan to become LLO's biggest trading partner, and we will make sure LLO relies on Town significantly less with competitive prices ;)
    As for the lava wall? I'd like that. In the situation where we have a lava wall, it will be purely aesthetic, it won't be a trap or anything and we'd make sure it's impossible to be killed by it unless you grief the protections in place. Again, if you're annoyed about the lava wall, I'll not have it, I perceive the LLO to be the LSCC's landlord, and we're not going to abuse your generosity.

Any questions or objections?
    zulu9 and Jakres like this.
  16. Lava Walls are pretty cool (when they are *not* traps ;)), much better than giant cobble buildings.
    Jakres and mba2012 like this.
  17. Indeed, I've gotten to the LLO, I'm just getting set up with that wood farm and the stone gen. Cheeky will be here today.
  18. By the way, I'd like to make quite a long bridge. Here's the point I want to start it from, any objections?

And here's a map of the hypothetical bridge location on the Livemap:

It's mainly for infrastructure for both me and the community, since my outpost will be south of the bridge. We could also link it up to the curtain wall.

What do you guys think? I'm thinking of making it of wood, but that's easily griefed because of fire.
  19. It would be more consistent to create an underwater rail link down to there...
    zulu9, Jakres, L0tad and 3 others like this.
  20. Okay, that's what I'll do :)
    zulu9, Jakres, L0tad and 2 others like this.