smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I just remembered a thought I had buried way deep. If you want to see the entrance, DON'T contact me. I will pick some active and trusted members and show them, and also give zulu the instructions in case he wants to give them to new members.
    ZeWildGuy, Jakres and zulu9 like this.
  2. Ok. We encountered a problem at the nightclub. We were working on lighting the place using redstone torches so that it was dark but not too dark. Luke4214 went into the nightclub and he ended up hugging a creeper, our dance floor did not like this and so it blew up. We are working on fixing it up.
  3. Yeah. About that. Turns out the light level was WAY too low to keep creepers out, and when I went to install flashers on the dance floor, I heard the hiss. Happy to help rebuild it.
    ZeWildGuy, Jakres and mba2012 like this.
  4. Thanks!
    ZeWildGuy and Jakres like this.
  5. Thanks. Didn't even realize that alt accounts could cause confusion!

We can start planning on the tutorial building while you are away. Any ideas yet how it should look like, what materials are needed etc? Anything that make the buildings site as ready as possible when you come back :)

I agree there. I like most of the stuff people build even if it is close to something I made. But some things were just not fitting or really too close. I usually do not make a fuzz about it since we try to stay open and after all it is just a game. But I have to agree that many arguments could have been avoided if people just asked and made their builds a few blocks more apart from other people's stuff.

Alright. If you only get really basic access like mail feel free to drop me a msg and I will try to keep you up to date on any big events here.
  6. Yeah. With mobs back in we have to recheck our areas and make sure light levels are high enough. I went around resupplying the creeper safety torch chests yesterday. Any member is encouraged to light up dark areas even if on someone else's build. I think we agreed putting torched up here is not griefing or intruding but just helps keeping the place safe. Owners can always of course take the torches down and replace with a more fitting light source.
  7. I came back to a diamond block at my doorstep.

And a creeper following me in.

:'D
  8. Hope the story ended well for you and the diamond block :D
  9. It was a tragic love story that was never ment to be
  10. I hope you mean you and the creeper. You know what good parents teach: Never hug a creeper bag.
    Also do not take candy from creepers or get into their vans ever.
  11. In other news we are approaching 20k views here. That means statistically 50% of all the member have looked at this thread.
    As an earlier comment suggested justin might not like us taking citizens from town I'd like to add my 2ct to that:

[Rant]
    Most of the active member at the LLO already have / had a well established res on some server. The LLO never was meant to replace town or change the EMC system. To the contrary. I started it because I love the lack of PVP on the EMC and strong sense of community and hate of griefers. Turned out I was right and many think the same. The LLO became a nice part of the EMC where supporters or new members can make a home in the wild within a friendly and helpful community. Many have used it to make a safe and friendly base in the wild and got pretty rich mining around and selling the benefits to town. So I think the LLO has been a nice addition to the EMC and if anything helped the economy.
    [/Rant]
    ZeWildGuy, Jakres, Curundu and 3 others like this.
  12. Yeah I found that out earlier today xD

13. kuma3.png
  14. I am planning on making some redstone lamps for the nightclub during the next days and try to come up with a simple redstone circuit to make them flash once on a button is pressed. If possible I try to implement those to the nightclub.
    If the desing won't fit (working on it in singleplay) I will use them in an upcoming project that is kept secret until we know if we get a 1.3 wild reset or not.
  15. dat feel
    2012-06-20_01.48.55.png

Thanks, btw :v
  16. Change of plans. Since there was such a huge amount of time spent making the circuits, and then it blew up, mba and I have decided to not have the blinkers/flashers in the floor. If you really want to and you have the stuff needed to, feel free
  17. Happy to help with the tutorial.
  18. Once the club us done this will be everyone in there:
    ZeWildGuy, Jakres, zulu9 and 4 others like this.
  19. 27773830.png
    ZeWildGuy, Jakres and PandasEatRamen like this.
  20. Don't forget we need a bouncer like so:
    ZeWildGuy, Jakres, Dwight5273 and 2 others like this.