smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. The following posts will probably make people mad. Oh well it needs to be said:

1. We need something to happen since so many seem to only join for the spawners, are never active in the community or are so gung-ho about making giant highways, giant nether death traps, building ugly cobble towers right in my back door and other things.
    2. It's an acceptable mod. There are lots if you read that section. I patch mine in with MCPatcher
      http://empireminecraft.com/threads/reis-minimap-1-2-5-hud-collection.5865/
    3. Rune and I (Mostly Rune) built it the way it is. I've already seen Shavingfoam adding in a stop for his house that wasn't incorporated into the line. It has the same rules as the rest of the lines: DON'T mess with it without permission. ASK first. I've seen people say they want to do such and such to the line and when told to ask the subject is dropped. I'm also tired of logging on and having to redo the design for the jungle station. How about we just take out all the rail and make people walk/use a boat? The snow line was already removed without permission.
    4. If you're only interest is the spawner then No Thank You. If you're actually going to be active in the community then by all means welcome. As for the spawner rules they will post them later.
    5. The reason the memberlist on the website is messed up is because while I was trying to do it, Ridinsolosolo was jumping around me like an idiot asking me tons of questions though I clearly stated I was busy.
    6. I have come to realize that I spend more time in the glass tower than at the house I took the time to build in the jungle. I like the view more, I love the tower, I don't have to replant trees.
    7. I'm glad the glass tower was voted to stay.
  2. If anyone can find a spot at least 120 by 120 large, preferably 160 by 160, I will love you.
    ZeWildGuy, Jakres and zulu9 like this.
  3. The design sounds great. I think it could work in the little toronto area or maybe near the future waterpark in the swamps. Love to get feedback from the people building there.
    Do you want to have a big railstation there?
    We can work out connecting them to the current lines once we decided on a location.
    ZeWildGuy and Jakres like this.
  4. I don't like the changes either. The line from Town Hall area to the Tree Farm was replaced with a "Brown Line" that goes from Grand Central to the sheep farms. I lost the stop at my house and now there's no longer a stop for the tree farm. I think the Grand Central lines are great for express transportation and the existing lines are great for local stops. They shouldn't replace the existing rail lines
  5. The tree farm is not that far from the farms. It's in walking distance?
  6. I agree with shaving the central rails are highways and other rails are roads.
  7. The rail to the farms was removed so Rune had to build a new rail to the farms.
  8. Okay - found a spot for my build

Anyone got dirt/stonebrick/oak logs?
  9. How much dirt I have 2 double chest fill on sm5 res
  10. You mean like asking permission to remove entire rail lines? Yeah you should definitely do that.

Rune and I agreed that the snow bridge should be removed. We also posted our plan on this forum thread for the community to review. The plan was to replace the snow bridge with an underwater line from the White Harbor to the Town Hall area, which is now the "Cyan Line".
  11. im sorry if it came off as if i was only interested in the spawner im not i use to play emc with a group of friends but they have moved on ... im still here but its boring to play by myself so im looking into communities to join ... i was just wondering what the situation was on the blaze spawner sorry
  12. Secret by the way I removed the temp bridge that we talked about before.
  13. Change of plans, lol. I will only need stonebrick and oak logs. About a doublechest of stonebricks and maybe 10 stacks of oak logs. Will also need about 27 stacks of glass.
  14. Sent you instructions to get to the LLO. Welcome on board.
  15. I will see what I can give. I hope having the giant station to the west will encourage new members to build there and extend the LLO westwards. The current areas with exception of some room in the swamps and little Toronto are already cluttered. The new station can serve as a hub for people to make lines and extend further. Then we maybe can have a big line connecting it with the current LLO system.
  16. lol longest thread
  17. ZeWildGuy and Jakres like this.
  18. whoa whoa whoa say wha did i read that right or is the rail getting removed?
  19. Welcome. Sorry about my ranty post. :)
  20. We've been redoing rails at the outpost