Server Problems? Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by JackBiggin, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I can get on fine with my alt. No problems experienced with that account.
  2. About an hour or two ago (may still be going on) the lag on smp6 was incredible... Several complaints in chat.
  3. It was all well until the reboot few minutes ago. Can't log in now, it says "Timed out."
    Is there a port number we can use to connect without using that proxy?
    Deadmaster98, LadBlo and PenguinDJ like this.
  4. Same on smp1.
  5. I keep lagging out, then can't log back in. This started happening after the reboot.
  6. Yeah, I keep getting an IO error and time outs now.

EDIT: I also get "pinging" for long amounts of time when I refresh my server list for EMC.
    rock00888 likes this.
  7. Yeah wont let me on D:
  8. It finally crashed. It straight up says "Can't connect" in red now, even though the home page says the server is up.

I'm sure mods are aware of the issues by now though.

EDIT: I guess it's back, I'm in game now.
  9. Looks like EMC is completely down :(

Edit: I am back on :)
  10. i am back on :D
  11. CRASHED!! Please help us :D
  12. Fixed, Server hit "too many open files" as I hadn't raised the limit, and were apparently hitting the limit now.

Did we have near 300 players on or so?
  13. well, big problem, akiar I have messaged you about this but isn't fixed, it is still broke, more details in the PM I sent you.
  14. Yeah, there were 188 on when I got kicked after all the timeouts so it's
    safe to assume there were 280+ on at the time everything went haywire.
    607 likes this.
  15. Cannot connect to EMC because last server I logged out of was Utopia and now its telling me its full and I can't direct connect to a different SMP because it says unknown host. I even tried the play.emc.gs and that still tries to take me to Utopia. I just wanna log into Utopia to switch to smp8 so I don't have to be stuck from playing EMC.
    607 likes this.
  16. I first thought that it's client lag (severe, 0 fps) - and a client bug, but I'm not sure now.
    Since yesterday I'm getting sever lag from time to time, it seems that it has something to do with water (ocean).
    I have to disconnect and reconnect every time it happens - and sometimes it lags right away again.

EDIT: it seems it is a client bug that is triggered by some kind of chunk or feature. I get CPU usage spike at the same time. I've tried with and without OptiFine - it is the same.
  17. Press F3, check the top right corner, where it says Used Memory. If you're getting 90%+ usage, and that matches with the lag, you'll need to allocate more RAM to Minecraft.
    607 likes this.
  18. Wait minecraft runs on RAM? So it's burning up my RAM ,-, I forgot if it used KB or MB every time you need to add data
  19. Wait What. Kb and Mb are measurements.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.