Random Screenshot Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Hoi, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Pink and black birch leaves? Has anybody else ever seen this glitch before?

bl_glitch.jpg
  2. Oh yes, lots. Especially with mushroom blocks.
    607 likes this.
  3. 2015-05-04_21.14.59.png Our own staff
  4. It's no glitch, it's the old leaf blocks and when you're using 1.8, they have no texture.
    607 likes this.
  5. Got it. Is there a patch available without having to use a non-standard texture pack? If not, I wonder if they'll have some novelty value going forward.
  6. your minecraft has missing textures
  7. Yeah/no, it's because the id's for leaf and mushroom blocks were different in 1.7.
  8. ah, okay
  9. Yaaay, 1.8 is here!

Or is that a slime?! :eek:
    Gawadrolt, 607 and IronicSwordPlay like this.

10. Oh, how the fury flows through my blood...
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  11. There are still a lot of people who wonder what exactly some of the benefits are if you have access to Utopia's wasteland. And there are also quite a few who wonder about the voting rewards. Well, today I can do even better: how about the both of them combined?

Utopia excels for mining because the sun never sets in the wastelands. So you'll hardly come across hostile mobs which makes roaming the country side very relaxed. But do beware of those creepers!

Voting gear never wears out, so you can continue using it as long as you'd like. And as for voters armor... That was almost made to be used for digging out clay, esp. when you got the shovel and the helmet which allows you to hold your breath under water.

So here's another advantage... Not too many people mine on Utopia:

Massive clay pockets within less than 50 - 100 blocks distance from the outpost...

So I started digging out the lot, eventually even asking for help because I had 12 or so stacks worth of clay blocks and my inventory ran full. Which I got.. So then I could continue digging out the area. Eventually getting me a total of approx. 25 stacks worth of clay blocks.

Which a-mounts to....

Kept 4 stacks solid; those will be used as hardened clay ;)

So yah... Having both voting gear and access to the Utopian wasteland can sure be worth your while...
  12. So while looking round a nether fortress in the reset wastelands I see a wither skeleton and kill it.
    2015-05-08_22.14.30.png
    and this is what i got :D
    P.S this was the first wither skeleton i have killed in 1.8!
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  13. The 1.8 update gets us a lot of cool new blocks. Some more drastic than others (slime block?), but in the end all good. However, did you know that even one of the more simplest blocks, dirt, can actually be invaluable for your redstone builds?

A lot of people wonder why using wool is so popular amongst redstone builders. Is it because we like purrty colors (maybe we grew tired of red)? Or is it because wool blocks work better in redstone circuits than others? Or perhaps... Of course: wool is more difficult to remove, so could this be about protection?

The reason is really very simple... If you build a redstone circuit it usually does more than one thing. For example: I have a semi-automated vegetable farm which can harvest the crops with the push of a button. I have 4 floors (wheat, carrots, potatoes, nether wart) which can all be triggered individually. Next I also have a master control switch which triggers all floors. So 5 options in total.

Lets say Mojang adds a new vegetable. If I would have simply used 1 block for my circuit then it would be very hard to check how the circuits were made. Especially a few months after you build it. Using colors on the other hand helps me quickly see which floor gets triggered by which circuit. So if I needed to expand or change it I'd know right away what to change.

There is one problem though:

Is that grass or a green circuit with missing redstone? :confused:

If you build something close to the surface your dirt blocks risk growing grass. And that could become quite confusing, especially if you're also using green wool somewhere in your circuit. Up until now there was little we could do here, but 1.8 changed that:

There can be no confusing here...

The secret? Course dirt! If you mix 2 dirt blocks and 2 gravel blocks you get course dirt. Basically a normal dirt block with a slightly darker pattern which lacks the ability to grow grass on it. So no matter how close to the surface I'm building: I'll get no more confusing green colors.

Simple yet so very effective...
    607 and IronicSwordPlay like this.
  14. I'd say getting a DC of slime blocks is an appropriate reason to get a new vault page. :p

Ah, and here's what I call my "creampuff pantry." Fluffy and adorable, I breed them and grow them until they're ripe for slaughter; then it's warm stew all around! :D I only pick the freshest, creamiest morsels for my cooking to ensure that my quality only improves over time. :)
  15. There be emeralds lurking in smp3...
    2015-05-09_09.33.16.png
    2015-05-09_09.35.35.png
    2015-05-09_09.37.56.png
    pantherarron77, ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  16. Maybe...
    pantherarron77 likes this.
  17. The other day when 1.8 was released Me Mr Madminer and Slowkinggamer went on a journey to the edge of the wasteland all i have to say is... We Came we saw we conquered! Here is a Screenshot of the message. 2015-05-09_11.51.38.png
    607 and IronicSwordPlay like this.
  18. Another screenshot from when we found the new elder guardian mini-boss We also recorded the whole thing 2015-05-11_16.15.21.png
    607 and georgeashington like this.
  19. Yes water temples are really cool :D
    pantherarron77 and 607 like this.