[POLL] What upcoming feature do you desire more?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Oct 7, 2015.

?

Which Feature Priority should we go with?

Poll closed Oct 26, 2015.
Dragon Tombs [3], Empires, Land Claiming 194 vote(s) 33.2%
Empires, Dragon Tombs [3], Land Claiming 41 vote(s) 7.0%
Empires, Land Claiming, Dragon Tombs [3] 350 vote(s) 59.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Empires / Land claiming.

Empires will promote larger builds and communities.
    That leads to more activity on EMC and interest in seeing/touring builds.
    That leads to more opportunity for the YouTube/promotion teams, for EMC highlights.
    That leads to build competitions and promotions like "Outpost Showcase" to further encouraging expansive builds.
    All of this is good for the economy and for recruiting / retaining new players.
    It also leads to more cross communication between the niche groups within EMC.

---------

Imagine...each month we could have an event where an Outpost receives a spotlight article and visitor teleport. How inspired the owner would be knowing that all of EMC would soon come visit! They would receive material donations, volunteers to help on sections of the build or to fill creeper holes in surrounding areas. I'm sure there would be a crew willing to build an outpost-complementary visitor center for these events. Maybe even the owner could recruit some visitors as members of the outpost.

If this is a glimpse of the vision for what Empires might be, then I vote for Empires.
  2. 1. When the system is finished, it will first be locked down to staff based registration. All currently established outpost will have a fair time to establish their Empires land officially to ensure no one snipes the land.

Then once a fair time has passed, it will be open for anyone to claim.

2. CURRENTLY PLANNED: An empire is registered EMC wide, and you'll only be able to be the leader of 1, but you can join a different Empire per server. But if we can improve it we will see about ways to do multiple empires if its intuitive.
    So you can have Empire "Foo", and Foo can have a presence on SMP2 and 7 and only need to be managed once.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  3. Good point.
  4. Is it going to be like your outpost on 7?
  5. Of course Dragon Tombs is last. Just what I, along with many others, have been waiting over three years for.

Time to wait three more.
  6. Yes, but more polish, and more politics defined about control over certain flags etc.

This is still a brand new poll... and I'm looking for a clear majority (60%) to favor something, with at least 400+ votes. If we end up with a 49/51... applying margin of error means we can't realistically say either won, and then it will fall back to me just going with my own plans.

Ultimately: Things go faster when I work on the things I WANT to work on at the current time :p
    And if I know the community strongly prefers one thing over the other, thatll encourage me to want to do that more as I want to make you all (Well as many as possible) happy :)
    crystaldragon13, ScrObot, 607 and 2 others like this.
  7. No brainer, land claiming #1. Protect what is established first, then bring on the new content. Griefing is a problem and it will not end.
  8. *in a Weakest Link, Ann Robinson voice*
    You are no longer British. Goodbye.
    B4DMAN5IMON, 607 and FDNY21 like this.
  9. As said in the thread, we will be implementing new features in the short term to help even more prevent griefing.

Some will consider the new ideas good enough to wait for full claiming.
    crystaldragon13 and dresden72 like this.
  10. Empires. Two reasons.

- I'd love to teleport back from farms easily, it'd probably encourage me to build all sorts of things in the wild if I can travel easily.
    - If we're going to procrastinate on Dragon Tombs, let's just do it for 3 years.
    dresden72 likes this.
  11. Land claiming will not be affected by your membership status, will it? For example: Diamond Supporters can claim 40 chunks a week, and Free Players can claim 12 every two months.

Yeah, I know, that is a bad example, but I imagine that my point has been sent across good enough.
  12. Can a vote be changed? With the temp measures put in place I'd change it to DT then land claiming.
  13. Dragon Tombs [3], Empires, Land Claiming. I think Dragon Tombs [3] should be first because the community had been waiting for this a long time and its some what bothering that it isn't here yet. I think Empires and Land Claiming are some what the equally important thats what I think. So I wouldn't be bothered if one comes early and the other one later.
  14. No. For critical features I don't lock them down. Supportership is about "nice to haves", not necessity things.

Just like the upcoming friendship system, something I consider a major part for boosting the community aspect, will not limit the # of friends by rank either.

Empires HAS to come before Land Claiming, Empires are what owns the land :p Your land is your "Empire"
  15. I guess smp8 public utility builders will have to get together soon about land and empires soon
  16. It put the line under favour so I just automatically right clicked and pressed, didn't realise what I had just done till you pointed it out! :p
    607 likes this.
  17. Dragon tombs. I've waited far too long for them.
    Catacacalysm likes this.
  18. *Leaks possible mob name*
    Gawadrolt, bloodra1n and ChickenDice like this.
  19. so is Lethar in dragon tombs or no?
  20. Wouldn't it make sense to have something that's been waited for over THREE years for completed first rather than something that was introduced later on?
  21. I’m really surprised and (to be honest) concerned with the results so far. I’d LOVE to see DT come out; however, I placed it second behind Empires because Empires sounds like a relatively small update when compared to the other two, but very useful in terms of the Group-like commands. I’m not a big fan of the controlled block breaking, especially if it will delay things, but hopefully that won’t take too long. I could be incorrect in my reasoning and it may take quite a while, but that faction isn’t really winning anyway, so it doesn’t quite matter. :p

What concerns me is that Dragon Tombs is currently being put at last priority. Over the past few months, player after player after player has complained about the minibosses feeling stale, DT being slow, etc., and now you want to delay it more? Land claiming SEEMS like a good idea right now, but I have a feeling that we’re all going to be complaining about DT not being here while it is pending, even if we also want land claiming. Basically what I'm trying to say is that I think people are getting very hyped up over how this feature sounds, and they're forgetting that THREE YEARS worth of complaints against DT are now going to be joined by even more time. Just a thought. :)

Resik is the Dragon Tombs boss. Lethar would probably be a side thing or something related to but not deeply in DT, but I could be wrong.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.