Name Changes are here! 8/24/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes, but before that 24 hr was per server, so if you switched SMP you could get another spawn. Now that timer is shared.

Never deals with kill time. It just means you cant have marlix and momentus spawn at same time. If you see a miniboss spawn, itll be 30 minutes before the other type(s) will have a chance to spawn.

Then they still have a 90 minute (was 60 before, but back to 90 now) individual respawn timer per world, then finally your personal respawn timer (24 hr)

so 3 timers control respawn rates:

30 min global per smp
    90 min per world per mob
    24 hr per player empire wide

You have to pass all 3 to have one spawn.
    607, ShelLuser, ThaKloned and 2 others like this.
  2. So if left long enough, you could have 5 Marlix spawned in around you as long as all timers are met.
    Kytula and ShelLuser like this.
  3. That would take 5 days and by not killing them :p
    607, Kytula and ThaKloned like this.
  4. I have nothing but time :p Much work needs to be done.
    Gawadrolt and Kytula like this.
  5. Momentus spawned twice in my area within 6 hours, so there's something not right...
    Kytula likes this.
  6. The code change to make it shared between all SMP's reset the personal timers (stored in a different area and I didn't care to make it import the old value)
    607, Kytula and nltimv like this.
  7. I JUST had a momentus spawn for me at my base :)
    Kytula likes this.
  8. Sounds like a cool update! The chest GUI is awesome. <3 I'll have to start going miniboss hunting again... it's been so long since my last hunting excursion. I wonder if I can still take the baddies?
    607, Kytula and ShelLuser like this.
  9. So many updates i was just wondering if someone could explain this to me though
    Kytula likes this.
  10. The best way to understand it is to try to out for yourself. Basically, when you do /res cset or /res cpset [player], a double chest will appear with a variety of different colored wool - green means the flag is true, red means the flag is false, and silver means the flag is at its default, which can be shown by hovering over the wool.

The pieces of wool are named, and contain a brief summary of the flags. Left clicking will toggle the flag between true, false, and default; right clicking will set it to default; shift-clicking will open a sub-flag menu.
    607, ShelLuser and Kytula like this.
  11. I like the new updates. I'm looking forward to name changes, even though I haven't changed my username. You guys did an amazing job, and keep up the good work!
    Kytula and ShelLuser like this.
  12. What Penguin said up there, but if you need more info then check this post out.
    607 and Kytula like this.
  13. Just a heads up I have now had 2 Marlix and 1 Momuntus spawn within about 8 hours. First Marlix was before the reboots though so not sure if that one counted against the timers. 2nd Marlix just spawned. Kinda of mean to spawn a 2nd Marlix when I can't find the first one :p
  14. E>D ( heart eyes lol ).
    Kytula and Gawadrolt like this.
  15. So I was talking to budha last night during the reboot and he said he was going to go try to find a marlix. I told him not to expect much because you will still need to get really lucky even though the rates have been doubled. I said that without any solid numbers to go on but just by experience alone I would guess rates were 1/4 or less than they were before the nerf so even now the spawn rates are still less than they were when 1.8 first released(or pre 1.8, i think the nerfs came after 1.8 was actually put into effect. Of this I'm not sure though.)

So we log in and.... WyntyrReavyn: uh... a marlix and a momentus just spawned next to me....

Budha and I both started gathering stuff and headed straight out to kill them with wyntyr. Unfortunately the momentus actually spawned on top of wyntyrs AMAZING castle she has been building... which isn't a huge deal. What sucked is he suffocated in one of the "spire" type things she has going on. So we didn't get to fight the momentus but we DID get to fight the marlix. The three of us on difficulty 7 with fire resist potions. I had strength and regen potions and budha had god apples and I suspect wyntyr got an apple or two or had other potions besides just the fire resist but I didn't ask.

SOOO regardless if the spawn rates are less than they were before... I kinda ate my words on that one but had a wonderful time doing it. :D

Marlix dropped a skelly head, a vault voucher and two dragonstone fragments. I kept the head and gave them the dragon stone fragments. I have never killed a marlix before last night so I'm keeping it for nostalgic reasons. I also kept the vault voucher as I need it but paid them each 5k for their share of the voucher. We had a great time. As SOON as I got the loot and we killed the last "minion" the server rebooted lol. Good timing Aikar.

Edit: the unfortunate momentus:

http://imgur.com/30euHje
    607, Kytula and ShelLuser like this.
  16. 607, Kytula, ShelLuser and 2 others like this.
  17. so... no :(
    Kytula and hashhog3000 like this.
  18. Whoops... I thought you said that you guys suffocated in the spire thing when he drew you in. xP My bad.
  19. I too had two Marlix spawn on me in a 2 hour mining session today
    Kytula likes this.
  20. shhhhh, guys :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.