Mob spawner/Grinder

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hoi, May 11, 2012.

?

Whats you favourite enchantment?

Silk touch I 11 vote(s) 36.7%
Fortune III 19 vote(s) 63.3%
  1. Hey, i havent found one single grinder, or mob spawner, not even a mob trapper. I need some xp points so i can get my enchantment shop up and running. Would anyone like to show me one to use? Or donate some Enchanted items to me?
  2. Ok. Thanks Truffle!
  3. Delete that, quick. You never know who will read the forums and decide on their next griefing location.
  4. kk i did
    margaritte likes this.
  5. Thanks for saving Secret.
  6. Anytime. I know it's public, but that doesn't mean we should let griefers run wild on it. I'm not criticizing either of you, just trying to help.
  7. Honestly if your looking to make a enchantment shop and be successful you need atleast a Double Spawner singles are just too slow :s but doubles are harder to find.. im not saying not to build it just if you find a double it would be 20x better :)
  8. Okay. Thanks for your help! Hope i can find one.
    MeVoid likes this.
  9. If you're looking for a double or more, spider spawners are your best bet - they are found A LOT in groups in abandoned mineshafts. With spiders, your piston crusher design is the most efficient.

I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEm9Wzx7uqc&feature=fvwrel, sorry I can't give you a step-by-step - I haven't actually made one myself.
  10. Try buying villagers, put them in a (double) fence so they dont escape. Zombies come to them and bam!
  11. Like Alex said, cavespider spawners are easy to find, but difficult to make. Only good thing in cavespiders is that you almost always get 2-3 next to each other. On the PVP server i play on we have 4cavespiders.

REMEMBER Dual/Triple spawners is a lagg machine, if you have a bad PC then ONLY use 1spawner
  12. Yeah, I'm debating with myself whether to do a piston crusher or 22 drop with our 4 cave spawners.
  13. A 22 drop (it's actually 14/15 blocks) doesn't work for spiders, they are way to glitchy for that to work properly. A piston crusher is more reliable, but they tend to sometimes kill all the spiders, without you getting any xp out of it (only if there is lag).
    margaritte likes this.
  14. Ahh okay, thanks :)
  15. One more thing sorry, is it best to have the water flow 1 high and 1 wide?
  16. Jup :p
    AlexChance likes this.
  17. unfortunately, it has been slightly griefed. theres water pouring out of the oping, and my chest of discs has been griefed. :mad: it happened between 6 and 9 pm on friday (PST)
  18. You should take the time and find a zombie/skele. They are not that uncommon, and after afk'ing for a few minutes a double will yield around 100 mobs. Throw a splash healing potion and they're all dead.
  19. healing only works on Zombs though I thought
  20. ZimfurrY likes this.