Misc Updates / Performance - 8/30/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Sometimes they'll shoot themselves. Drops are based partially on damage inflicted, so if they shoot themselves enough it'll lower your item and token drops (sometimes to zero).
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  2. We have identified there is some bug that is causing loot problems even with effective 7,investigating and trying to find fix
  3. I was walking through the wastelands today, when I encountered a Marlix. I haven't had a message 'You sense an eerie presence' and I noticed that Marlix wasn't wearing his usual helmet. But, when I looked behinf him, I saw not two, not three, but FOUR Marlixes. Neither of them had shown me a warning message or was wearing a helmet.

Thanks to the new Windows 10 Xbox app, I could start recording the situation immediately:

I was able to defeat three of them (the last one got away), but there were some odd things about my fights, so I'm including my log from that time:

Code:
    [13:02:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Marlix summons assistance!
    [13:03:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Marlix took too much non player damage for loot: 20.0 - 4.333333333333333 > 20.0 / 2 = true
    [13:03:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Marlix has fallen!
    [13:04:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Marlix summons assistance!
    [13:04:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Marlix summons assistance!
    [13:04:55] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Marlix summons assistance!
    [13:05:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Marlix summons assistance!
    [13:05:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Marlix summons assistance!
    [13:06:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Marlix summons assistance!
    [13:06:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Marlix dropped: Skull Item, Shiny Arrow x9, Dragon Stone Fragment x2
    [13:06:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Marlix has fallen!
    [13:06:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Marlix's effective difficulty was: 5
    [13:06:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You earned 1,420 Tokens for defeating Marlix
    [13:06:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You now have 9,668! Learn more about Tokens: tokens.emc.gs
    [13:07:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Marlix summons assistance!
    [13:08:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Marlix summons assistance!
    [13:09:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Marlix took too much non player damage for loot: 20.0 - 5.666666666666666 > 20.0 / 2 = true
    [13:09:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Marlix has fallen!
    [13:09:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Marlix's effective difficulty was: 5
    First of all, note that it took only 24 seconds for me to defeat the first one since my first hit.
    Secondly, the second line seems very weird, why do I see this?
    And lastly, the first and third Marlix dropped absolutely nothing but regular skeleton drops, but the second one did.

Will one of the devs take a look at the matter and maybe fix it?
  4. Thought I'd quickly mention that your video is private so nobody can see it - put it onto unlisted or whichever the other option is that isn't public :)
    607 likes this.
  5. Didn't notice. Thank you :)
  6. Those have been in existance for a while, hence why the helmet lost all its durability and broke. When they fly around they take environmental damage through cacti, suffocating, lava, etc. You won't get any drops if they take too much non-player damage. It's not a bug. :)
    607 likes this.
  7. That's indeed the logical solution for this. But I find it hard to believe that it's coincidence that four of them are in a range of 50 blocks, none of which wear a helmet.
  8. I found upward of 20 of them once. It was due to them "migrating" north east. It's rare, but still happens.
    finch_rocks_1 likes this.
  9. yea, they tend to do that when the season is coming to an end...