Midnight Miners

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by IceQueenDawn, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Gday all,
    Just letting you know I wont be able to host the next Midnight Miners (Nov 12th), but Baradar67 has generously offered to host it again, hope you all have a good time!
    Thanks everyone & especially Bara.
  2. So we have a house build contest being run by Dufnepoodle this time around. Prize is 5k and I'm chopping my own head off for this one. Come on down!
  3. Thanks again to all for coming and thanks to Dufnepoodle for running the contest. 5k, a momo helmet and my head were given to Gage9942, Pikminate and jossytheninja as winners of the contest.
  4. Gday all, again I wont be able to host this midnight miners (due to a family thing), so Bara has volunteered to host it again!
    Thanks again Bara.
    Gage9942 and jossytheninja like this.
  5. jossytheninja and iamcavie like this.
  6. I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food.
  7. After the success of the last Midnight Miner's House Build competition I've decided we should have something different! So we're having a House Build competition! (Ok, the prizes are different). Bring some materials and prepare to win a Turkey Slicer with additional (yet to be decided) prizes for 2nd and 3rd.

In addition, anyone attending can have the dubious honor of receiving my head! How good can it get???

In any case, come and mine, build or just sing songs. Join us just before Midnight tonight!
    ShelLuser, Gage9942 and jossytheninja like this.
  8. So there is lots of spruce near todays spot and make sure you bring ice picks, especially those of you that like to build xp/gold farms, packed ice can be found nearby. If you need other wood, make sure you bring saplings!

I keep forgetting, we're 2k from an outpost so bring a horse!
  9. So the winners of the Build Contest were PupinAction in 1st Place, Cam7051 in 2nd and 3rd was shared between JohnKid and RandomBumbleBee. The prizes were a Turkey Slicer and 5k for 1st, a a half-used Mineral Mincer and 5k for 2nd and 10k each to the two third-place winners.

Thanks to everyone that was involved, was a great Miners. Also thanks to my co-judge Qkazoo.
    jossytheninja, Tyron87 and iamcavie like this.
  10. Edit:
    Wrong thread :eek: Tonight is Miner Mania, not Midnight Miners :oops:
  11. :D I might be able to come!!!
    JDHallows and iamcavie like this.
  12. smp1
  13. Todays Midnight Miners was on a snow biome. We had some new player with us and I hope they enjoyed it as much as you usuals (you know who your are!).
    No prizes were given out by me this time (sometimes I do, sometimes I dont), but a big thanks to RandomBumbleBee who not only supplied a pile of beds, also hosted a small xmas event where we all got gifts from under the xmas tree!
    Thank you to all the other people who gave out gifts as well or helped other players, your are all a great bunch of people and a pleasure to host for!

Some Snow Golem's joined us, and many mobs who didnt stay for long, lol.
    Alot of digging, alot of building (like PupInAction's floating island) and alot of fun.
    Thank everyone who came, I had a good time and hope you all did too.

Please note; midnight miners wont be on again for 4 weeks. As two weeks from this one it will be xmas day, and im sure we will all be spending it with our families, opening gifts and not playing online games {cough}

So see you in 4 weeks (or in game of course)!
    Until then, here are the pics of todays event:

NuclearBobomb, Tyron87 and Gage9942 like this.
  14. Well, its been 4 weeks since the last one, Christmas and New years is fading into memory, Time for another Midnight Miners :)
    Hope to see you there! (midnight tonight, EMC time of course)
  15. Will there be a house building contest xD, thats always my favorite part!
  16. i normaly dont host a building contest myself (find it to difficult to choose) but others are always welcome too, as have been done in the past.
  17. meh who needs an excuse, ill just build something awesome anyways xD
    iamcavie likes this.