Happy Thanksgiving! Misc Updates - 11/24/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Nov 24, 2015.

1. When I started, /waste had some really nice public mining cabins on smp4. Those felt closer to my definition of "outpost", as people could stay the night there and get a lot of use out of it. I think our frontier "outposts" would more likely be classified as a way station, gateway, hub or "spawn". I think they are fine that way and with a little of those griefing protections you're planning, people should be able to make some nice mini outposts for people to stop near our "gateways".
  2. Um, is that in your chat box...? Cause its not being sent to chat box. If it is, then you have a client mod doing that.

Action box is temporary is why I used it to avoid spamming like that.

I know its not perfect, but hey you all asked for SOME help finding them :p We don't want to make it brain dead and just give you the location. Least with this method you get to play a little Marco Pollo.
    we3mendi likes this.
  3. I think it's great. Initially I had about 3 around my base and the gob-dar was pulling in a few directions. Once I found them it was easier to follow.
    kevmeup likes this.
  4. :p I kinda just copied & pasted it onto something else but there ended up being like 10 chickens that I just killed so nvm
  5. Do Super Turkeys spawn in the residence when you spawn chickens?
  6. just tested it and it worked! yay!
    ThaKloned likes this.
  7. Just out of curiosity (not really out of need),
    Is there a command or way to view previous Action box messages?

I know they are temporary, so this is not really needed, I am just curious if it exists.

Also, how can you "hear" gobbles 14 chunks away, when wild view distance is 6 chunks away?
    Not complaining about the extended range, those hunting may like it, just wondering.
    Thanks.
  8. /vote fixitem works for all of my alt's stuff apart from the voting certificate :) I'm happy to keep the cert as the old name for now anyway though, but thought I'd give a heads up :p
  9. It says chunks what does that mean
  10. a chunk is a unit of measurement in the game, as they load. They are 16 by 16
  11. Nope, just 16 by 16. Unless you are talking about all sides of it, which is weird.
  12. nope, my mind is thinking in cubes for something else and the extra measurement slipped out. Editing now =P
  13. Does it show 2 super turkeys if they are nearby?

I noticed that I was trying to find one and it said "2 chunks away" then "7 chunks away" and then back to 2.
  14. Yeah, that means there are two, with one being two chunks away and the other being seven.
  15. So let me get this straight:
    If there are more than 1 Super Turkeys, it will show 2 different chunks away, with the chunks being the only things to distinguish the different?
  16. Thank you co much, Aikar! :)

Now, I may actually be able to get a slicer! >: D
    Dufne likes this.
  17. So far this system hasn't help me at all. I've searched for turkeys using for 2 hours at least, and this hasn't help me find them at all. It just seems like it's sending my on a goose chase with no actual end. No matter which way I go after I see a message it either gets higher, or stops showing me at all. I can't seem to get closer to them at all it would appear.
  18. Same is going for me atm. I've got 3 that spawned around my base that I literally can't find and it appears the radar thing is bouncing between them so it's literally useless. I won't move at all and it will go from 1 chunk to 8 chunks.. Even if the thing ran in a straight line it couldn't move that fast so it's got to be the radar bouncing.

I'm not even sure if the radar accounts for the y axis, since I have about 5 turkeys that spawned near my area that I haven't bothered finding because it's like impossible. They could be anywhere on any y axis, especially because I'm in the nether.
    slash14459 likes this.