Happy Thanksgiving! 2014 Event!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Nov 26, 2014.

1. I agree. GO AUSTRALIA
    huckleberry24 likes this.
  2. i kill this super turkeys and after many hit's he died!!!!!!
    i received cocked turkey and a good sword
    is possible to find another time this turkey?
  3. I just realized that the bottom right corner of my Mac's touchpad is slightly pressed down at all times, possibly from rapidly extensive clicking. Not sure if was like that before this weekend, but even if it was, I think we all know what to say...
    FDNY21 and Calamochnus like this.
  4. Awesome promo/event! Thanks so much, Aikar, and happy Thanksgiving to all you Empirians! =D I already have 10 Cooked Turkeys, so my Thanksgiving dinner is covered. =)
  5. I have been hunting and OMG!!!!! I GOT A TURKEY SLICER!!!!!!!!!

A TURKEY SLICER!!!!!!

Is that the "super rare drop"?

Also, tip for people hunting them, use REI's Minimap. A legal mod to help locate them.
    kyukyu99 likes this.
  6. Got 40-something cooked turkeys already :D 12 dead super turkeys
  7. Managed to get 17 Cooked Turkey, a Feast for a King certificate, and a 2014 Turkey Slicer so far!
  8. i have spent a solid 6 hours on utopia in wastelands running around trying to get a single feast chest to spawn or turkey and.... nothing -_- No one else was in the waste at the time either. its starting to tick me off...
  9. You turned up the chicken spawnrates, didn't you Aikar :)
    EDIT: I searched around, sprinting around, for a hour, and got a feast (3rd one) but no turkey. :?
    BTW: I was on smp3.
  10. I have been out in the Wastelands for hours mining and still haven't seen anything. I'm going in a straight line to ensure I hit the most chunks :(
  11. guys i have found out the best thing to do is just go for a stroll out in the wild and set a destination. go mining for something and they will show up. things usually work that way you find things you want when you are not looking for it. just something i have found to be useful :)
    kyukyu99 likes this.
  12. Ok I finally saw "Gobble Gobble..." in my chat, now I just have to figure out where it's at
  13. Yep, that's really not so good. I think there should be a very low pitch chicken sound to get a player's attention.
  14. Yeah, I saw "Gobble Gobble.." twice now in the past few minutes and I'm looking all over and not seeing anything. I think Aikar said it could be 16 chunks away? That's quite a distance. It's just gotta be pure luck if you happen to find one.

I'm hoping eventually I get the message about the chest and that I can get that above ground because hunting turkeys below ground is quite difficult.
  15. Is turkey only spawning in a dark? of can it be in bright area such as lit cave with toaches??? I heard at least 4 times of gobbles but never found one!! ;+;
  16. If enraged won't spawn there, you won't find a super turkey there. When looking, don't forget to look down - the tag will expose those hiding underground (which actually works to the benefit of owners of entcount sensitive farms to find those pesky pockets of mob).
  17. I see! thank you! yeah, I always go down to the cave but always the cave is soooo huge! not manage to find one before I get lost... let me try harder! Thank you for the advise!
  18. i was at my iron farm came back when i woke up and found 2 stuck in the kill zone and around 39 Gobble, Gobble messages in my chat haha, all from when i was sleeping lol.
  19. I meant in the essence that enraged zombies replace zombie spawns, super turkeys replace chicken spawns. So the turkeys will spawn with same conditions as a chicken.

Chicken Jockeys can cause them to spawn under ground, (but the zombie wont be riding the turkey), but otherwise it should be up on the ground where chickens normally spawn.
    hashhog3000 and kyukyu99 like this.
  20. Did something go wrong? Of the 15 or so I've seen all of them were underground. I've heard the same story from others too.