Friday Night Mining [2015]

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by MrSocks75, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Will there be an FNM event tonight?
  2. Sorry for missing last week everyone, this week will be loads of fun though!
    Kalia1784 likes this.
  3. So, there's FNM tonight? :D
    samsimx likes this.
  4. Can I kill the zombie socks now?
    clan23 likes this.
  5. I'll be there with my trusty Pic & Sword
  6. Sorry about that everyone my link is now a advertisement to this one lol. But anyways it will still be a lot of fun :)
  7. I covered you last week so that is why there was confusion..
  8. SO yah... I hardly write here because I usually don't participate in Friday night mining (although I enjoyed helping out a little last evening with pointing players to the right location and inviting them to the group). Friday is usually the start for the weekend for me and then I'm sometimes not fully as sharp as I should be :) Which can lead to me mining out redstone, and ending up in the hole with lava and instead of nabbing that fire resist potion I had on me I try to remove the block blocking me from getting out instead :rolleyes: But that's why voter tools & armor are so cool!

But anyway, I want to go on the record by saying how impressed I've become by both the FNM organizers as well as the participants.

You see... I have / had (going to remove it in an hour or so because of the upcoming upgrade) a small public mining operation in the corridor there (which a friend and me dug out). SO when I learned that FNM was going to be held in /waste s I was a bit curious what the outcome would be. Please note: curious, not worried. None at all.

SO for starters I want to say that I'm impressed with the organization behind this. Instead of going "easy" (relatively anyway) you guys picked a location much further away. So basically making sure that all the public 'outposts' there (mine was but one of dozens more in that corridor) were protected from accidents while still making sure that the mining site could be easily reached. You guys really seemed to plan ahead, and I really admired that.

But also... So after I had made a dumb move I hurried back to the mining site then remembered that I, once again, forgot to bring food. But since I was passing my mining outpost I figured I could just as well nab something from there. Which I did. Now, in all honesty I have no idea when the following happened. It could have been done much earlier than FNM (but even if it did it only adds to the awesomeness) because I don't visit this outpost that often. But I sure was quite surprised to find 5 or 6 pairs of diamond boots in my supply chest. I can assure you: I didn't put those there :)

So either someone did dump them there during FNM or someone else did long before that and all the participants who explored my outpost all had the courtesy to leave things as they were.

That, my friends, is impressive. Truly EMC style IMO.

And those boots? That should be obvious. I nabbed quite a bit and dumped 'm all in the main freebie chest on the FNM campsite. That was well deserved.

SO yah... Count me a believer and impressed.
  9. As EMC is officially now MC 1.8, I wonder if FNM participants will be looking for ocean monuments during tonight's mining event.
  10. They might but I want to know if they are hosting FNM this friday. If not, I am more than willing to take responsibility. I have done FNM event for the sake of the community. There was no bump in this thread so I created my own.
  11. Yeeaah! Let's mine!
  12. Woot, mining!! :D
  13. Tonight's project
    2015-05-15_17.01.40.png
    Mockup made in from single player creative
    Aphaea likes this.
  14. wheres mining at tonight?
  15. What resource pack do you use?
  16. Faithful Textures
  17. Hey! Thats me in that picture!
  18. I missed it because I was trying to find an outpost I joined.
  19. So bummed I missed another one!!
    However, I did finally upload a video of a small group of EMC'ers on a mini mining event. This was when FNM was canceled due to a wasteland reset that was soon to happen. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/nrU8mbrYW-Y
    luckycordel likes this.