Fendy Photography

Discussion in 'Shutter Talk' started by FDNY21, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Should I be taking the first one as a joke...? :p Anyway, purple car, done, I can post that later ;) As for a green, yellow or orange Audi, I haven't done that yet, my eyes are peeled! :cool:

PS: Reason I can't show you the purple car right now is because Imgur is over capacity at the minute...
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  2. I really would like to see the first one, even if it means thinking outside of the box in getting it. :p Let's see what you can do! I look forward to seeing the purple car picture when Imgur decides to stop being annoying. :)
    FDNY21 likes this.
  3. So you want the inside of the car's wheel? Like, I have to get under the car to take the picture, or like take a picture of the inside of the wheel from the outside? (as much as I can with a giant Nikon...)

As for the purple car, I've been checking Imgur on and off for 10-20 minutes but no joy :p
  4. Not the inside of the wheel, the bottom of it. I guess a wheel doesn't really have a bottom, but just a picture of a wheel from underneath. I can think of a couple ways you might accomplish this, but I'm not going to tell you. If you can get this picture, you will be given the official Hashhog-Approved Master Photographer badge. :D
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  5. I think I have an idea, kind of... Obviously, I'll have to find a wheel first, and I don't have one on me right now ;)

PS: Imgur still over capacity D:
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  6. This is the purple car shot, Nissan Skyline R34 drifting! :D This Nissan is there at pretty much every event I go to at Castle Combe, dedication at its finest :cool: Took about 15 minutes just to stick my name on it because Imgur kept saying it was over capacity but I got there in the end... Here!

Qkazooo, 607 and Hashhog like this.
  7. Would anyone else like to see something specific too? :D
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  8. Anything else specific, anyone? :)
  9. I don't have access to my pictures today as I'm on my laptop and not my PC, but if you'd like to see anything specific still then please reply to this thread! :)
  10. I'm going to be a party pooper and say my opinion. They only look good because of the filter, but the splash mark looks great. I don't think there can be anny constructive critis for my opinion though. Sorry xD
  11. Only good because of the filter? Some have filters, some don't... And ones that do have many different filters on them. If you're commenting on my very first post then they were taken with my old camera. I'm not really sure what ones you're commenting on to be honest, and I don't completely understand your comment.

Also, if you don't have any constructive criticism, I'm not sure why you're saying "they only look good because of the filter" :confused: Some of my newer works can be seen above, feel free to flick through and see if there's anything if you like or anything you can make a constructed comment on if you want :)
    607 likes this.
  12. Was talking about the first post. Didn't see any others. I just didn't know what constructive critism to say, but I guess opinions aren't allowed on the web.
    Thanks!
    -teeki
  13. Ah, if you meant the first post, please quote me on it next time as I thought you meant some more of my recent work :p This thread has been up for many months now and I've shared countless pieces of my work so it is very hard for me to pinpoint what your comment is about.

As for your opinion, that's completely fine, but I also mentioned in the original post that I like constructive criticism. Don't think your opinion isn't welcome, in fact I happily invite it! However - if you want to say that something doesn't look as good for some reason, please help me out, I want to make it as good as possible!

So teeki, please do feel free to share your opinion here, but please help me so that I can make my photography as good looking as it can be! That's one of the main reasons for this thread! :D
    607 likes this.
  14. Wow, I've just seen some recent ones (purple car drifting) and it's amazing... I feel bad for my first post. Really sorry xD
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  15. The ones in the first post are with my iPhone 5, when I was first getting into things :)

I now use a Nikon D3200 DSLR camera, 24.2 megapixels at my disposal :p It's a much better camera and I've started visiting different places for my shots, thanks for your comment! :D
    607 likes this.
  16. Aaannd, I didn't get alerts about this anymore >.<
    That looks great!

Hm, it doesn't appeal to me that much, honestly. I think for one because it's so skewed, which feels weird. Another thing is that there isn't really much focus. I'm not really sure where to look in this picture, which isn't good.
    For the editing, I really don't know, I don't have experience with photo improving.

Also, after seeing Tiki's comments, I went back and read pages 1 through 3. And I got to say: while this thread had some quite good pictures getting shared from the very beginning, I do think you've improved a lot since then. You obviously keep trying to find opportunities for interesting shots, and try to get more than just a parked car. Some of the action pictures I've seen here lately are incredible.
    And you also improved a lot on the editing. I think you've found a good balance now. I think that in the beginning, the editing was often too over-the-top for my liking, and photos occasionally (I say occasionaly because most were still great, even then) started looking unrealistic or bland. While now, you seem to get the right kind and amount of editing for every single picture, which is great.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  17. I think you're right. I tried to get a picture of all four cars together but it was hard to find a space and angle, for three reasons mainly:
    1. People. There were many thousands of people at this event... Trying to get a picture where someone wasn't badly in shot or where someone wasn't taking a picture in front of you was quite hard. Especially with four Audis altogether!
    2. Space. The cars themselves were parked in different directions and in weird spots so it was hard to get them all in nicely... Also, there were some vans right next to me, and that's why I skewed the shot so that I didn't see the vans, but ideally I could have changed the angle a bit!
    3. Time. There was loads going on all day and we had to move on pretty quickly to see the next lot of cars as we had been at the rally for a while... This thing would be so much better with more time to go to it :)
    I wish there was a better angle, but most places didn't seem to work. I had to take a few shots here and there and hoped for the best :p
    Do you think that there's any way I could save it or should I focus on my pictures of each individual car?

Thanks for the feedback 607! Glad to hear that I've been improving, and I have used lots of different edits for my pictures now and I think I'm getting a more realistic balance :)

For a few of my earlier pictures, I definitely was a bit over the top, but in some cases that was my intention - and even now sometimes - to make it very, very different and almost unreal. But, with the new camera, most of my shots look a lot better in a realistic and almost un-edited way!
    607 likes this.
  18. Bump, anything specific that anybody else would like? :)