Empire Minecraft Scheduled Maintenenance [4/16/14 12:00AM EST]

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok thanks for letting me know.
  2. Thanks for telling us everything instead of just having unexplained downtime :)
    607 likes this.
  3. Wow I missed this due to stupid medications making me fall asleep at 4pm.

I sure hope not, that is ugly and not needed. Colored names are fine.

Have you guys tried Optifine? You may just have to switch to a different version and use whatever update Optifine is. I'm using 1.7.2 since the mods I use aren't updated yet. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-174-optifine-hd-d1-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  4. There are medications to treat that now? I've heard you can't fix it.
  5. Aikar's message says about 10 minutes
  6. Sounds like you have your hands full again Aikar :) thank's to you and the rest of the team for all your hard work on this, it is much appreciated
    SkareCboi likes this.
  7. So I won't be able to keep my name (luckycmusic45) anymore. Our names is like our identity.
  8. Of course you can, as long as you never change it :)
    607 and SkareCboi like this.
  9. I'll never change my name! :D

(and as a warning to everyone who would maybe do it: remember that someone can claim "your" name while it is changed, and thus make it so you can't change back)
  10. *Aikar switches name to Aikat for a prank*
    *I switch to Aikar*
    *Aikar switches to Sky*
    *Staredown*
    goreman2000, 607 and SkidzGaming like this.
  11. I'm sure there are a lot of people with regretful names that will be happy when they can change them. It might make used accounts more valuable too.

I think I saw someone post that they wanted to change their name so that it was properly capitalized. Will the new name format be case sensitive? Does that mean that there could be a Pab10S and a pab10s?

I've also been getting away with voting as pab10s even though the instructions say that I need to match capitalization. Do I need to start using the Shift key when I vote?
  12. no, it wont allow 2 of same case, but you just gotta hope mojang allows simple case changing
    607 likes this.
  13. How about voting? I am getting away without matching capitalization now. Do you think that will change?
  14. no, EMC's database will still be case insensitive too.
    Pab10S and 607 like this.
  15. Hey with the player heads not showing up on anything before 1.7.8 a dude found out if you break them and set them back down they show up fine.

Edit, they seem to have switched back between me going to the nether and getting back, nvm.
  16. I had no idea we could downgrade to older versions and still play on the server. For some reason I thought you had to be up to date. I went to 1.7.4 and got optifine now I get 40 to 50 frames so its a lot better and playable. Sorry I am still a MC noob, I have only been playing for about two months now. Anyway thanks for the help!
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  17. *Thinks*
    Aikars_Slave
    That'll do.
  18. No problem :). Yeah as long as you're still 1.7.X I think it should still work. there's tons of options in Optifine to help and it gives a description when you mouse over stuff so it helps you figure out what you need to do in order to get it playable and not a complete lagfest.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.