EMC PVP - Preliminary community discussion

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JustinGuy, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Well just look at this awesome community we have! Its friendly, nice, and cooperative! Quite frankly, I don't think that PVP would do this server good. In my opinion (and feel free to object) PVP is fundamentally flawed. I dont care how large the protected spawn is, but there will be campers, and your hard work WILL be destroyed. The only fun PVP games I've played have been PVP spleef (which adds an incredibly fun twist to the game), CTF, and TDM.

But if you do decide to put in a new game mode, I would LOVE a Server with a CTF mod on it. No hard work to be destroyed, team spirit, and a nice sense of competition. You should look into it Justin!
  2. I liked the thought of it being like Runescape in a sense. I know it won't be, just saying. You could look at it as being a business opportunity for some. Someone will sell you the items to take into battle...Assuming items can still be carried over. Maybe...In this PVP server, Town and Wilderness can be similar, yet different. In the wild, you gather and acquire your equipment yourself, you start with the skin on your back. You also have access to the Nether. "Town", is where you can fight with what you have from other servers. Bring the makings for a fortress, full diamond armor, etc. The towners can buy, then use/lose items on the battlefield, then buy more from specialty shops.

Also, some suggestions for those who would just disconnect when about to lose. Set a timer in which you have to wait to leave. You take damage, from falling or otherwise, you have to wait X amount of time before you can leave. Surely you guys can cook something up for that.

Another idea for you PVPers...Clay Golems, heh. Let them fight in your name! But in all seriousness, I'm for a PVP server, though you would never see me on one if it did come around. Or the admins could build a gladiator arena...

Oh, I'm sure it's obvious, but what of hostile mobs, or mobs in general on this PVP server? Will there be any? Or might there be alternate ways of gaining what a mob has to offer?
  3. Forget thier feelings broo we all want PVP !!! WOOT WOOT
  4. This doesn't help much. Why are you against it? Are there certain ideas containing PvP that might interest you? Just trying to get everyone's full two cents.
  5. And the Hunger Games. My brother has a server where we get a bunch of people doing that for like a week straight :D
  6. Emc...The hunger games....

Each server must surrender two tributes to the utopia to atone for past rebellion...... Then, the tributes fight to the death in a wilderness arena....
    Brennian, oidgod and SecretAznEks like this.
  7. Except we've never rebelled against EMC. Justin is too nice.
    Brennian and oidgod like this.
  8. Justin's nice enough to leave my stash of sugar in the Wild. Awesome.

But it's probably because Mr. T said so
  9. An arena would be awesome than u could have a leader board there