EMC Official Art Thread

Discussion in 'Artists' Gallery' started by Green_Mystery, Mar 16, 2012.

1. I agree with this. :)

I <3 abstract art
    Abstract.jpg

2. True, but you'll still have to walk first before you run. Photorealistic drawings takes a long time, one can just spend 2 hours doing just the lips but still get nowhere close as the actual picture. It takes lots of practice and time.
  3. Post it if you want, I for one would love to see what it looks like
  4. Quick! Draw it again! :p
    607 likes this.
  5. I started with drawing cartoon animals and stuff when I was in kindergarten maybe. Then I started cartoon people, and anime girls. Only girls, because when I draw guys, they look like girls. Today I tried my first bulky dude drawing, and my friends thought that it was my drawing of genitals....
  6. it is the photographer, not the camera :)
    607 and battmeghs like this.
  7. Well. You're talking about Photorealistic drawings. First of all, not everyone makes photorealistic drawings. Each artist has a style, and represents reality in one way or another. Some of them are very simple, and others are very complex. Photorealism is a style that consists in representing reality exactly as it is, but what I am talking about is about realism. A realistic drawing does not mean it has to represent reality in a "perfect" way, it just tries to simplify it but making it as similar as the model.
    This is photorealism:

And this is realism:

You have to learn to do realistic drawings and then simplify them. You will understand simple forms because you will see them as complex, and vice versa. You don't have to draw wonderfully (if you know how, much better) , just learn and understand basic concepts of realism such as the human body, shapes, shading etc.
    Try making sharp edges, more aggresive shapes and lines and exaggerate the form in general. You should learn anatomy too, that will help you :)
    cddm95ace and Palmsugar like this.
  8. This thread has to be bumped so more people make more art and post pictures of it here! >.<

While I eat melons.

9. Melon.... :D
  10. My so-so drawings of eevee

My drawings of bulbasaur

And..... a bigger bulbasaur! (I know it's head if faced the wrong way :/)

11. He's slept in a wrong way :p
    princebee likes this.
  12. Triforce Geo.png
    So I was kinda bored in geometry last year…
    1Planner.jpg 2Planner.jpeg 3Planner.jpeg
    And I make up in my lack of skill in drawing by overwhelming everybody with awesomeness/a storyline told entirely through pictures…(Yeah, my teachers aren't too happy about my "defacing" of my planner)
    That was my planner two years ago. Now, in high school…the size of planners were severely shrunken and I'll be posting more of my popular pages in my planner later.
  13. Please do :D
    It looks like a massive war?
  14. Basically lol. I've been drawing the same storyline since I was 5 and the war(s) just keeps getting bigger. It started out as different universes, but then I brought them into one big war. :p
    Here's some heads I drew when I was a lot younger: Cartoon Faces.jpeg
  15. That looks like something Alice would enjoy :D
    Parkerjv9 and princebee like this.
  16. sooo my ender art I did I few weeks ago

Staff edit: Image removed due to possible copyright infringement. If you are going to post in this thread please use original work, and not someone elses.
  17. So yeah, I seem to be slow type of guy.

Still not happy with the ground though.
    Edit:

Photoshop trial ended, so this was the result.
  18. :eek: I did that until 7 years ago, when I stopped doing it! Mine were triangle-shaped doodles that fighted together, and I could fill a ton of sheets with those drawings and then put them all together :p
    DemonThunder345 and penfoldex like this.
  19. I've been paying attention in class.

Parkerjv9, southpark347, 607 and 2 others like this.
  20. Some proofing?...