EMC Music Stage Discord

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by aletrisrex, Apr 16, 2022.

1. How about create emc music stage? Very interesting! i can explain:
    1. You can listen to muisc while u are not online to emc
    2. You can chat with other peeps while in stage as well as talk!
    So, to clafirity to everyone, i suggest classical music, which does not include any speech or sth like that
  2. Sounds like you just need a songbot on a VC on discord.
  3. yep! and it will auto mix music as well!
    24/24 music play for any peeps like to hear
  4. I see 3 issues with this. First one is that all of the good bots on discord that allow you to play music get shut down by YouTube. Second is that there is bound to be a fight over music and "why isn't my song playing". That's almost unavoidable. And the third one is enforcement of family friendly language at all times because a mod can't be in discord listening to what is being played at all times. Only way to know is to look up the lyrics
  5. they can link to spofity musicbot, which auto filter expilits songs
  6. One way to counter act the discord moteration problem is if EMC inacted a seperate moderation team for discord than there was for the server itself. I know plenty of people who are active on discord and not the server.
  7. I havent heard of that one. I just know, from running multiple servers that allow music bots, that they get shut down eventually.

That would be nice, but that still means someone would have to be in the stream actively moderating it whenever people are in it at all hours of the night. Trust me, as a music lover I would love to chill in VC and listen to music, but it just seems like a lot more hassle
  8. This is still very hard to moderate, because during a VC, someone would have to report something after it happens, and there will be no logs like there are in-game.
  9. false, if you have a server larger than 10k members (i think)there are voice logs that you can look through I believe, or it might be a boost perk
  10. I completely disagree with the third one, People should listen to whatever songs they choose to, as long as everyone in the VC can accept semi-foul language in a song, obviously if its a song that goes "F this and F that" then it should not be allowed to play. But songs that contain words like damn and hell should be okay, But songs with say, Shut but replace the U with an I are spoken, then it should be okay as long as its not overused in the song. same goes with the female dog word, as long as it is not used in an offensive manner and everyone in the VC is alright with it, then there is no need to throw a fit when someone says an inappropriate word.
  11. I've got nothing against cussing in music, but im just saying that it is against the rules of the server. there will always be people who complain, you cant help it. i agree sometimes it gets a bit overboard, but they set the rules for a reason and the same rules in game apply to discord as well.

there is no recorded audio of any kind on any discord server. and if there was I know that I wouldnt want to be the one in charge of sitting there and listening to voice chat to find something that is wrong. moderation is easier with text because there is a written log. something in voice is he said/she said
    607 likes this.
  12. Considering there's only 1K members on the discord server, we have a ways to go to get that anyway.
    HazardousCode likes this.
    • Music is something keep us shown own persornality or change mood.
    • If u tries hearing rock music, it cursing lots of it, because they're releasing their aderline/expression through music and this make you feel more energy to do anything
    • Other music like rap keep u stay cool and shown your persornality if heard that.
    • But this music like coco are insult-like soundtrack which hurt everyone heard that and teach everyone insult each other. We should remove that.

So, here's soultions:
    1. U want to follow emc rules? Stick to classical music, as it does not include any speech or little
    2. If u would like to allow explilict tag music, you should ask emc community "better to loosen rules" in feedback box
  13. Gotta keep in mind we have some users as young as 9 that I’ve seen, that would need parental permission for something like that.
    MissBonnieParker likes this.
  14. ofc it is. so thing emc need is just like classcial music linked to playlist? hmm, we will see.
    or mod will create own list and add soundtrack to that album and let bot play. that's it
    Distube is example
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35SM_Xw7KQg
    UltiPig likes this.
  15. You need to be 13 to use Discord. :p And this is strictly enforced, unfortunately (but that is a topic for the controversial section).
  16. indeed.
    and they will fake their birthday easily to get into discord so we must aware that
    so, if discord are restrict user to 13 yrs and up, we should bump this idea, why not?
    (allow expilict tag music,....)
  17. updated section
  18. So if I understand right, your suggestion is something like this?

Create a Discord bot that plays back tracks from a streaming service by requests from server members, only allowing classical music, and put that bot in the official EMC Discord server.

19. Since when is that a rule anyone follows?