Elder Scrolls Online!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Inuyasha1204, Mar 14, 2014.

1. I played it in BETA :p
  2. I played the beta as well and really enjoyed it being a massive Elder Scrolls fan and also an MMORPG fan, the one problem is the price, i am NOT willing to pay 70 dolars and then 15 dolars every month because there are games far better than it and i hated the crafting system in this game.
    The one problem is it doesnt feel or act like an TES game which is what i was hoping for.
  3. Guild Wars 2
    EDIT: Saw Kephras already said this :p
    Eclipsys likes this.
  4. ( This is my opinion, but no one ever listens to mine. )

I believe it is worth it!

The graphics are stunning, along with the game play.
    Since there are 3 different alliances to play, make the game bigger.

The character customization alone is amazing.
  5. Exactly, want to make the inside diameter of your characters nostrils 0.01mm smaller, you can!!! xD
    NZScruffy, Inuyasha1204 and princebee like this.
  6. Nothing against the game at this point, but I love doing player vs player in battleground systems like World of Warcraft has. I have no clue if this has that but regardless, if it does, thee alliances would make it a pain to keep track of what's going on so I guess that's another reason I won't get it. (And I'm sorry if I came off offensive to you in my last comment in any way.)
  7. The only beef I have with this statement -
    -is that it doesn't make the game bigger, it makes it smaller, and imposes one more artificial limit to a world that's previously been defined by almost absolute freedom. They give you the whole of Tamriel this time, then dice it into sections and say "You belong here!" and quest-lock the rest of the world. Were this a true Elder Scrolls game, you could hike from Daggerfall to Necrom to Lilmoth and all points in between, and all you'd have to worry about was not getting killed on the way. But TESO? "MMO rules apply. Finish your quests and then we'll let you move on to the next region."

In Beta I heard repeatedly "Oh, the game opens up so much more after X." It shouldn't have to. And it never "opens up" to the degree that it ought to.
    (And as an aside: for all the things Perfect World got wrong, even that let you go wherever you pleased from level 1)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. I'm pretty sure this applies to almost every MMO (Although a lot of them allow you to go anywhere, it's just that you can't really /do/ anything in higher areas.) And I think this shall be my motto for TESO and other MMOs based off of single-player limited sandbox games.
  9. There is PVP in this game also.