Anyone having Issues Voting on TopG.org

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Dreacon78, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Huh, I you are indeed correct. I thought premium rewards counted with the top 3 voting sites which say bonus rupees, but according to the wiki, it’s only topg.

I just messaged chicken about it, so staff can review alternatives
    607, UltiPig and farmerguyson like this.
  2. Thought I would also post this here:

topg no longer requires a login, but you can log in to avoid the captcha
  3. Your post looks familiar :p

607, NuclearBobomb and Tuqueque like this.
  4. That's cool, thanks for the update!
    Edit: A quote tag would've been nice though, if you copied Ulti's message!
  5. I was going to screenshot it but got lazy and busy so didn’t happen =P
  6. Is it a thing where only one player can vote if sharing IP's... ie: on same network?
  7. I used to have that problem. To be honest, I'm not sure how it went away. It might have been fixed when our IP upgraded our modem.

My son and I used to take turns voting on TopG then alternate on the other sites.
  8. I believe so, yes. A solution could be to vote on mobile data (on your phone for example), or to alternate which sites you vote on.
    UltiPig and Fred_TWK like this.
  9. For a week or two now (possibly more), TopG has been saying "To verify your social login you must solve only this FIRST Captcha Puzzle". What's the point of the social login, then? o.(o) Edit: Before pasting the text here, I hadn't probably read it yet. only? FIRST? Do you need to complete several Captchas now if you haven't connected? :confused:
  10. I started voting on TopG a few weeks ago when they dropped the login requirement. I haven't seen the message you a referring to and their captcha is actually easy to use now. I never logged in by any means to vote for Empire on theirsite. They no longer ask to solve a second one which was the case a while ago.
    607 likes this.
  11. TopG is now making me solve a captcha each time. It says I must solve the "FIRST" one only, whatever that means. I don't see any option to login anymore. Is anyone else now having to solve a captcha each time?

EDIT: oh, I am logged in since I see a logout button. It sucks that I need to solve a captcha AND login...
    607 likes this.
  12. Last year -
    • captcha every day
    • No login
    first change -
    • Login once a month
    Second change -
    • captcha every day
    • OR login once a month
    Now -
    • captcha every day
    • OR captcha + login once a month
    They probably saw a spike in exploit via login + bots
    607 and FadedMartian like this.
  13. Dang, I had no idea that this website could be so problematic when voting for EMC...
  14. For me, personally, the login thing isn't an issue (though I liked it when it bypassed the captcha). I've voted using TopG at least 4,050 times over the last 10 years, so the captcha is expected.

Before the login thing was implemented, TopG allowed two votes every 16 hours (separate accounts). You could vote for four accounts (two on wifi and two on cellular) before it gave an error.
    607 likes this.
  15. For years, the only one that required solving a captcha for me was the penultimate one in the list. (yes, I love finding times when I can use that word!) I often skipped it. Then TopG required a login to avoid the captcha, which was still fine with me. However, now I'm having to solve one every day and I find myself skipping it. I don't know why I hate solving captchas so much, but I do; especially unnecessary ones. There are easier ways to ensure it's not a bot. Hell, the login alone does that. Perhaps I can make myself think of it as part of the fun! yay! It's fun being forced to do work for them categorizing images. yay! (Sorry to rant...probably nothing to be done but grin and bare it.) EMC is awesome and worth it!

EDIT: I guess many of them have some form of Captcha. A slider, clicking stars, even a check box. It's just the pick the images that contain... that I really dislike.
    607 likes this.
  16. I'd say it does not, and topg realized quickly
  17. I always liked the captcha images we had to pick out that were places you ate. Those really had me guessing, yeah it was supposed to be the images with a table in it but I live in the real world. I checked just about every image.
    607 and UltiPig like this.
  18. A few days ago, I finally created a thread about CAPTCHAs. :)
    Activity in this thread was what prompted me to do it, after all (I've had the idea for that thread since 2013 or 2014, probably).
    IM4 likes this.
  19. for a while voting issues were gone.
    today only 4 of the sites registered the vote through votify :/
  20. KISS = KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID