[Work in progress] My 4 res homestead project

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AbstractToast9, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Hey everyone

I've been working on a 4 res project for a while now, and today I finally got around to posting some pictures. I'm modeling Ira Mendell's house, and I've been making good progress over the past few weeks. It will be 2 stories, with an attic for storage.

On the property, I also have a massive garage (which got a bit out of hand) and several underground farms and storage areas.

I'm also looking for an interior designer, PM me if you're interested.

Here are some of my favorite pictures, but click here for the full album.

I will admit, although I like the stone brick and quartz design at first, I'm second guessing myself. I might re-do the entire exterior, but I'll wait until I finish the roof and windows. If anyone has suggestions please share them.

2. This looks really neat, even though I am unfamiliar with what it is based on. I did, however, want to take a moment to comment because I am also currently working on a multi-res design, and wanted to encourage you to just keep chipping away at it. In time, these will become epic. :D

I found it interesting how the andesite blends with the stone slabs and plan to look into this to see if my texture pack has kept me from making this connection. I have also found that building in single player is a quicker way to discover potential changes to design that are easier to mitigate such as the quartz you mentioned above. Schematica can be your friend in this endeavor too. ;)

Caution to the wise though, steer clear of ( Skeptical_Tech's) res #3030 if you don't already have plans for an elevator in your design. It is a really cool addition that has caused a complete revamp of what I was working on :confused:

Be sure to keep this post updated, I would like to come check it out when complete. :)

Have a great day, and keep up the good work.

KnightZer0ne
    Tempered Outpost Founder
  3. Looks great toast :)
  4. Thanks everyone! I'm probably going to host a drop party when it's finished too!
    Eviltoade likes this.
  5. Update: Tonight I worked on re-doing my roof design, and the lava distribution system for my 6 super smelters.

They will each have 32 furnaces, and a virtually unlimited supply of lava. Soon I should be able to smelt massive amounts of materials in no time!

I also went mining for a bit

6. Looks good, however from the title, i thought it was this.

EvilBlo likes this.