UHC - Sundays, 3:30PM EMC Time/7:30PM GMT

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by RainbowChin, Nov 21, 2015.

1. I'm curious about the new rules.
  2. it will probably be the no log off rule that krysyy descided to implement on UHC today......... Wich I think does not make any sence cause it is not even PVP log
  3. Well it's the "Logic Rule" and since it was not already implemented it was a "serious oversight"
  4. Chin will outline them soon enough. There were a few oversights that were allowing unfair advantage for some players that we're adding policies for. In his post, he will explain why.
    Sgt_Pepper4 likes this.
  5. As promised above, here are the incoming rules changes for UHC, effective from the next hosted UHC match.

-Current and past players of my UHCs will be aware that after the border is in, I usually give the remaining players 10 minutes to make their way to surface level, anyone not up by this time would normally then be teleported. However, this lead to cases of players simply either mining or enchanting within that 10 minute period, and then getting a quick free ride to the meetup. From now on, ALL players must be in the overworld meetup point or they will be considered forfeited.

-Furthermore, will be a new rule on prolonged disconnects and joining, particularly close to the meetup time. Any players seen to disconnect for a considerable time as deemed by staff, and rejoin AFTER the 10 minute meetup timer has ended, will also be considered forfeit. This is in prevention of players hoping to rejoin near the end, to avoid the fights that will then happen after meetup.
  6. Response to number 1 : Portals have been functioning poorly in collaboration with the boarder so you are essentially saying no nether after the border shrink begins unless you want to die. I believe that you should teleport players in the nether at 5 minutes and force them to make their way to middle.

Response to number 2 : Could you please put a physical number on the amount of time disconnecatable. Saying "as deemed by staff" opens you for even more calls about bias, even if you aren't the staff calling out the player who disconnected. By just saying as deemable by staff you are giving permission to staff to pick and choose who they'd rather force to die or allow living. Gray areas in the rules are very prominent in EMC and it's already enough work trying to fix that. Adding onto the problem yourself just doesn't seem like a beneficial thing to do.
  7. If you teleport to the Nether, then you can teleport back. If you do so after the border shrinks, that is your risk. Plan ahead based on time given.

A simple no here. Because this isn't meant to be abused. You disconnect for any amount of time to avoid battle and is clearly not disconnection issue, this rule covers it. It will remain as deemed by staff, because of each situation being different. Putting a specific time down just means that someone will abuse it by being off 10 seconds less than the time stated, then arguing the rules say x, etc.
  8. Krysyy I know you don't play survival so I'll try my best to give some more background info on this issue. In Chin's 3 previous UHC's me and Rex have gone to nether and 2 of those 3 we did try to TO back. The first time, it connected us to a different portal, which was out of the border range, and got us killed. The second time, it did the same. Each time, however, it did all 10 hearts of damage in less than 2 seconds. That's not supposed to happen, and it's a glitch that Mojang needs to patch. The fact that you are essentially responding to this problem by saying don't go to the nether is ridiculous. If you cut out the nether the game changes too much. It eliminates potions and quartz, which are 2 factors that require some skill to use properly, unlike most of the other main thingd in this game. It's understandable that you THINK this is something that is easily fixable seeing as you haven't played UHC before, nor played survival at all recently. However even a portal created at 0,0 in the nether will send you out to a ridiculous portal outside of border. TPs need to remain in play for the nether, but take it out for the caves. And also regarding the time disconnected, you know if someone were to pull a "I had 10 seconds left" you would kill them anyways. That's just common emc knowledge. There needs to be a set time limit to follow.
  9. So if one were to crash or their internet went out and they rejoined after two or three minutes, that would be fine?
  10. Generally speaking, yes.
  11. Sevrer is open :)
    Sgt_Pepper4 and EmpireMall like this.
  12. says 4pm on calender?!?! rip xd
  13. RainbowChin, I was banned last week and told I would be unbanned this week, but I still can't enter the server. Wassup with that
  14. You are baned on emc, so you cannot join UHC
  15. ohh kk makes sense
  16. What'd you get banned for?
  17. /p ESSELEM
  18. I wasn't in game
  19. Reminder, 4PM EMC Time today :)
  20. Server now open :)