{PRICE INQUIRIES} How much should elytra be?

Discussion in 'Price Inquiries' started by ElephantsRoar, Aug 23, 2017.

?

Will you buy elytra?

Yes 1 vote(s) 100.0%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am wondering how much elytra should be. I might sell them at /v +Peaks on smp2.
  2. I sold mine for 10k each but that might be lower then the normal. Personally I think they should cost alot more considering the effort it takes to get them. But that's me :p
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  3. I think they are under priced as well. Non enchanted ones range from 9,000-20,000 depending on the shop and smp. This excludes any one who doesn't need money selling them for 100r as well it ignores a few shops that have pricing that seems way out of line with current prices, like one shop i saw them for 40,000r.

The issue, like anything is two fold. Products in minecraft don't follow normal supply and demand, though it does have minor impacts on what someone will pay. So even though they likely should be more, if you want to sell yours you are stuck with trying to beat the competition. For some of the harder to get products, there does appear to be a "floor" price but that is subject to move at any time. Remember as well Elytra can be enchanted so once someone buys from you, you may never sell that player another one. This really hurts that demand side of things. EG: beacons used to be much more than they are now. Is it because they are easier to get now? Nope, it's simply because people who had them wanted to sell them. Parrots are another one which first few days were 10k each, but now can be found much lower.

The other thing you battle in minecraft is shops with out of stock signs but pricing that makes it seem like your price may be wrong. It's pretty irritating when people tell you a product you have in stock is to expensive but they got the price they now expect from a shop with no stock they couldn't buy from. With people coming and going, this can be a common battle as well.
  4. closed per request by op
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.