Excessive Zombie Pigmen in Frontier Outpost

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by KatieKittyWitch, Jul 19, 2024.

1. I've counted at least 20 of them just chilling in the outpost.
    SMP8 Frontier Northwest

https://imgur.com/a/AYo1Kjy

I had trouble getting the images to embed. First one is imgur, second is discord which seems to be working but will likely break soon.

Not sure if there is a bug causing them to spawn or if something else just got out of control.
    I was afk in the nether with the other side of the portal in range if that has anything to do with it.

Update: in the time it took me to get the image embed to work, they all disappeared, but figure it's worth noting just in case?
  2. That would be the exact reason right there. They would just despawn like every other monster if there was no interaction once you pass out of render distance.
  3. Yeah, for whatever reason when I afk farms which have a nether portal access the nether side fills with /hundreds/ of pigmen. Mostly babies too which is weird. I really don't understand it, how do they accumulate? Are they spawning in the overworld from the portal and then wandering back through it? I wouldn't think they'd be spawning in the nether with no player there, even if it's loaded.
  4. Maybe that's it but if so, I would think that not all of them would travel through. Cause they seem to be spawning in the dimension where the player *isn't*. It's very weird! Either way, I feel like zombie piglins shouldn't be allowed to spawn inside outposts. You can't kill them and they're an eyesore.
  5. the zombie pigmen u see there probely do not count to the mobcap since they are portal spawned pigmen im guesing but not shure if they can despawn since they are no regular pigmen
  6. and they are butfiful no eyesour i like them they prety nice