Empire FAQ

Jul 23, 2017
Empire FAQ

  • How can I make Rupees quickly?(top)

    Voting, signing-in daily, and owning an in-game store are great methods to earn Rupees.
    Check these guides out (here, here, and here) for tips.

    I was griefed/stolen from. What do I do?(top)

    If you were griefed, attacked, stolen from, or fell victim to anything that is against the EMC rules and you don't know who the player was, private message a moderator from the list here, and tell them what happened. If you do know who the rule-breaker was, report them using the /report command before messaging a staff member. Note that in the Town, unless the person admitted to it or you have screenshots of them breaking the rules, nothing can be done. Be careful who you give permissions to.

    Note that you can use the /staff command to check which staff members are currently online and which server they are on.

    Where can I appeal my ban?(top)

    You may appeal a punishment to the staff member that banned you with a private message via the site. Click here for more information on the subject of appealing/disputing a ban.

    Can I get my residence quickly dug out?(top)

    For a fee of 60,000 Rupees (SMP1-9) or 120,000 Rupees (Utopia), a Senior Staff member can use world edit to remove all of the dirt from your residence. They can also accept custom requests, and offer other world edit services.

    A Dirt Destroying Ticking Tock can also be redeemed to a Senior Staff member for a dirt removal service of a 60x60 residence. Dirt Destroying Ticking Tocks can be purchased at the Empire Shop by using the command /shopworld. Two ticking tocks can be used to get a dirt removal service of a 120x120 residence.

    Please refer to the Senior Staff Services page for more information.

    Can I connect my Residences or build on the Town street?(top)

    Players do not have permission to build on the street below level 129 in the sky, but players can build above it. If you require a redstone connection or any other customization between multiple Residences that you own or have permissions, you can private message a Senior Staff member to do it for you. Rupee fees do apply.

    Please refer to the Senior Staff Services page for more information.

    Can I reset my residence in the Town (start over)?(top)

    Yes; you can reset your residence by using the command /res reset. This will permanently remove all blocks and leave the residence as it was when it was first claimed. Animals stay within the residence, and will not disappear.

    Can I unclaim my residence and claim a different one?(top)

    You can unclaim your residence by using the command /res unclaim. After you have found an open (available) residence, you can claim it again by using the command /res claim. This can be useful if you would like to move to another residence to, for example, live closer to a friend. You may use /res forceclaim to get a residence next to a friend which is owned by a derelict player, however, a 5000r fee applies if you are older than 3 hours old on EMC.

    Unclaiming your residence removes and destroys everything on it, so please be careful with this command!

    When are the future EMC updates coming?(top)

    Upcoming Empire updates, newly released updates, and their respective threads can be viewed in the Empire Status box on the home page, above the recently active threads.

    Can I search through my rupee history?(top)

    Currently, there is no easy method to quickly search through your rupee history on the site. However, you may use the EMC Shopkeeper program that designed to make running a shop much easier. You can view your full rupee history here.

    Can I change my username?(top)

    Yes; you can change your in-game username on Mojang's website. Your username will update the next time you log onto the server.

    Where can I go mining?(top)

    Mining should be done in the Wastelands. You can get to the Wastelands by using the command /wastelands, or by using /waste for short. Keep in mind that you need to go back to an outpost's protected area before you can teleport back to the Town (tip: use a Compass!). Although you can mine a small bit in the Frontier (/Frontier), in a personal base, for example, resource gathering should always be done in the Wastelands. If you need to gather Nether materials, you can use the /wnether command, and if you need to get to the Wastelands End, you must go to the normal Wastelands and use Eyes of Ender to find it.

    Who has a shop I can buy from?(top)

    A good way to find shops on the Empire is by using the /shop command. You can specify certain Residences or shops you would like to visit by using Residence Tags which attach a + symbol to what you are looking for (example: /v +stone). You can use /v +tag to go to a residence that has been labeled with that tag name.

    How do I let my friend(s) build on my residence?(top)

    Residences are fully protected, so if you want to allow another player to build on your residence, you need to give them one or more permission Flags. There are several Flags that you can use. You can give someone Flags by using the command /res cpset <name>, then simply click the names of the Flags they need with the left mouse button. Using the right mouse button will remove a given flag. In this UI, hovering over Flags will also give you some information about them, and sometimes they have subflags you can get to by shift-clicking the flag option.

    For a list of Flags, as well as more information on them, visit the Flags page.

    Keep well in mind that you are basically allowing another player to make any kind of changes to your residence, which includes griefing. If a player griefs your residence, staff members will not be able to help you; you basically gave the player permission to do such an act. Therefore, only give out permission flags to players whom you fully trust.

    How do I get my friend(s) to join my SMP server?(top)

    Empire Minecraft has nine different SMP servers, so first make sure that you know on which SMP server you live. You can press the tab key to find out which server you are currently connected to. After that, tell your friend(s) to use the "direct connect" button on Minecraft in the server list menu, and type in smp#.emc.gs as the server name (where # is the number of the SMP server you are connected to). After completing the Tutorial, your friend(s) will now be living on the same SMP server as you are.

    If you did not find what you were looking for, do not forget to check out the Wiki and the Help and Support forums.

    There's a lot that makes up the Empire. Learn a bit about us, how it all works and how to thrive in it.

Looking for a more general Minecraft guide? Visit Minecraftopia!