Your Paranormal Experience?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ritunn, Apr 10, 2017.

?

Have You Had a Paranormal Experience?

Yes 12 vote(s) 52.2%
No 4 vote(s) 17.4%
Too Spooky For Me Bro 7 vote(s) 30.4%
  1. The paranormal. Monsters of the dark, spirits, ghouls, demons, whatever you've seen. I myself study monsters along with myths, and one of the most interesting things I like to hear is other's experiences. They make for great short stories and flash fiction. So I ask you, what paranormal experience have you had? I'll start.

There is many peculiar things that happen around my house, being a few hundred years gives it its fair share of deaths. Yet at my neighbors home, where there parents had died 30 or so years ago in there sleep, peculiar things happen in the spring and summer, near when they died.

Every year, my neighbors tools move around in his garage, the doors are always locked. Along with this, in 2012 I saw something peculiar. As the sun began to dip the horizon, behind the fence I saw a little girl and an older man holding her hand, I something said hello and they simply walked out the backyard gate that was open.

A few days later I told my neighbors what happened and I described the girl and man to them. We were shocked to know that I had described my neighbors mother from when she was 8. We never figured out who the man was...

Anyways, have fun sharing! Can't wait to all hear your experiences.
    kaptrix, SirCue and Abele like this.
  2. Pretty sure I lived in the same house as a ghost when I was a toddler. I have some pretty distinct memories from that place lol

Plus my mum made us move because of the amount of weird stuff happening in that house.
    Runningrhino and SirCue like this.
  3. Im not sure if I've told this on here before, but years ago I used to work nights at a nursing home. I would check on the residents hourly and take out their trash during the night. The dumpster for the nursing home was behind the nursing home at the very back of the parking lot. Next to the nursing home was an old historical house. I don't be remember what it was historically but it was old and creepy. One night, as I was taking the trash back, I happened to glance at the house and saw what looked like the silhouette of a big dog sitting on its hind legs. I'm 5ft and it was easily taller than me. While I was watching it, I had a creepy feeling it was watching me too. When I came back, I glanced again and it was gone. After I left that job, I worked at a hotel for a while. We had a television in the back with us that showed all of the security camera views. One of my co-workers had just locked the pool room from inside and outside of the hotel because it was closed for the night. She happened to glance at the camera view into the pool room and saw what looked like a huge black dog standing on its hind legs. She took a picture of it because no one could've gone in there without her unlocking the door and an animal definitely couldn't have gotten in there. When I saw the picture, I thought of the silhouette I saw behind the nursing home. Maybe it was the same one. Maybe it followed me. I have the picture on a flash drive somewhere still, but I haven't been able to find it in a while.
  4. Really haven't had any paranormal experiences
  5. Sounds like a type of creature named a Black Dog/Hound, myths from various isles of Europe say about how they're an omen of death. They show up when someone is about to die.
  6. Stuff from my old house (not the one mentioned in my previous comment, this one is after the one we moved into).

When we first moved in there, I went into my sister's room with my brother. My dad and granddad were in there after having just moved the wardrobe into it. They left a few minutes later, leaving me and my brother alone in there. Being the small children we were, we decided to go into the wardrobe. After sitting in there for a few seconds, it starts to sway from side to side, like somebody grabbed it from either side and moved it one way, then the other. I thought it was my dad because he'd mess around with us like that as children.

So I threw myself out of the doors - and I remember, quite clearly, watching the wardrobe move from side to side with nobody else in the room but me and my brother. I was five years old, so I legged it out of the room and left my brother in the death wardrobe and went downstairs to tell the adults what was going on in that room. My three year old brother came downstairs and backed up my story, but they still played it off as we were imagining things.

When I was ten - maybe eleven, I don't remember, I woke up to my closed laptop on the floor - lid down, as I'd left it- playing a YouTube video. Waking up to the sounds of Simon from the Yogscast screaming is horror enough, but when I went to turn the laptop off I looked at the video, and it was thirteen minutes into it. It was a new upload within the last hour - I'd been sleeping for the past five. I didn't even have YouTube open when I went to sleep. The ghost liked Minecraft apparently.

Another time when I was around thirteen - fourteen, I woke up with my back turned to the wall - my neck was directly in line with my bunk bed's ladder. I felt someone breathing on my neck. I turned around, and heard someone run down the corridor. I assumed it was my dad saying goodbye to me in the morning - until I heard him come downstairs after just waking up.

So, yeaaahhhh.

We moved out of that house in April 2015. No paranormal activity in this new house so far ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Icestra, kaptrix and Shadow_Dcord like this.
  7. Seems you had a poltergeist. Not dangerous or anything, just like to mess with people and move stuff around. Though, the idea of waking up to Simon screaming in terror while sleeping gives me some chills.
  8. Makes sense if you work at a nursing home.

As for me, the only paranormal things Ive seen was when my security system got triggered by something while I was out shopping, when I got back, nothing had changed except for some pots that moved out of a cupboard.

There was another time where I heard footsteps in the hallway as I was going to bed, except when I looked no one was there and I knew my mom was at work and my brother and dad were in bed.
    Shadow_Dcord likes this.
  9. I've been told that before, that it's basically a bad sign. I'm still alive four years later though :p
  10. Sounds like your good ol' run of the mill ghost. It could just be an animal too, depending on the type of security system you have.
  11. *so triggered rn*
  12. Did they change the name or something after Brexit?
  13. No.

It's just not very nice to call it that. Ireland kinda lived under 800 years of genocide and oppression by the British and thus don't like to be grouped with us. It's more accepted to call them the British and Irish Isles, or the Atlantic Archipelago (actually sounds pretty nice lol).

Anyway this ain't a geography thread oopsies
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  14. Oh. Well... uh I guess I'll change that. Should be some helpful info for world history next semester.
    synth_apparition likes this.
  15. The house I Grew Up in had some Very Spooky stuff. It was a 150 years old, and some of the stuff freak me to this day... I dont like to talk about it due to the tragic accident that happened there, but I will tell a bit.

Sometimes We would hear door's closing but the funny thing is all the doors would still be open, yet you hear the sounds.... Sometimes you would also hear the doors slamming closed, and i would hear it many times when my dad would be say outside and i am inside....

Then there would be the small things where you put something on the table, and it would vanish, and somehow end up on the other end of the house in the dresser of a guest room that we never use....

The House was a 8 bedroom house, with a apartment built on the back, 2 stories with a full basement. It also had 2 stairs to the top floor. I found out that there was a few over a hundred years ago as the wood beams (They used full tree's as Beams) were all burnt. I also found a Bible, and a school book wrapped in clothing in the attic (Not a attic where you go up) and i thought that was odd to be up there.

This may sound funny but it was also rumored that there was money from the 1900's hidden in the walls from one of the old owners... We never found it, and did not see it when we tore the house down with a excavator, haha. (Maybe someone at the sorting station found it :p

The stuff the freaks me out still is, Sometimes i would be sleeping, and I would have a dream of a no faced human thing crawling/walking (idk how to describe it) down the halls, and into my room, come up and start to strangle me. I would wake up getting chocked. I video taped it one night and all you see is hand marks appear on my neck, and me start to chock and wake up.

If you ask me to show that video, please go read my intro thread. You will see i had nothing left...

The one thing that also bothers me is the tragic accident. It was unknown what caused it, as the 2nd part was from the 1st, but the 1st came from no where....

There are also more stories, but prefer not to share....

~Finch
    _Devil__, Icestra and Shadow_Dcord like this.
  16. I saw Ghostbusters. That was pretty funny.
    Shadow_Dcord likes this.
  17. May be ironic saying my name, but the thing you described sounds like a Shadow. They can be hostile, but they mostly just stare and inflict pain on people every once in a while. Oddly enough, it also sounds like your creature is fairly similar to the character for my next story I'm working on named Dr. Placid.
  18. Just a small fyi not fake... It's real. And not sure I would say it's a shadow. Looked like a full on disfigured thing.
  19. wait you would have that dream and when you woke up you'd actually have marks on your neck?
  20. Yes.