Yes! :D

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 607, Jan 14, 2015.

?

Have you had snow staying for more than five minutes this/last winter?

Yes. 37 vote(s) 61.7%
No. 23 vote(s) 38.3%
  1. I knew some like you would show up somewhere...
  2. btw winter has only started like 20 days ago
    tuqueque likes this.
  3. You should come to Canada some day :p

You should definitely not come to Canada someday. It's cold. Really cold. Really. Freakin. Cold.
  4. I live on the eastern shore US... We have been getting delays in school every other day we have so much snow.
    Since I know you like to be corrected...
    Where I live everyone says "It's sticking." I don't know if that is different in other states/countries but here that's how we say it.
    607 and tuqueque like this.
  5. We're getting no snow. Instead, the UK just got a cyclone. >.>
  6. Impossible. :p
  7. Meanwhile in Vancouver, all we get is rain and some colder weather

Yes, Vancouver in Canada.
  8. It must be nice to live in a world where snow brings a sense of pure joy as opposed to pure dread.
    Then again, I suppose living in a world with snowblowers and a paved driveway would make snow much less dreadful.

607 likes this.
  9. I know :p I meant a really bad hurricane. 'Really bad' means really windy and rainy that has a slight chance of knocking a tree over.
    Those parts of the world don't need snowblowers because the roads will have likely shut down.

That's how it works in the UK :rolleyes:
  10. Then it rained and melted :( Surprised no one is dead yet...
    Gadget_AD likes this.
  11. Unfortunately, here in NJ, there's never enough snow to shut roads down because every town has an army of plowtrucks and salt. You are expected to have salt too, and good luck getting school canceled even if the road is now more black ice than road. UK seems to have the right idea.
    Gadget_AD likes this.
  12. That's our problem with the UK too... the only time my school has shut when the snow got seriously bad and that only for 1 day then a few years ago we ran out of grit and salt, that has never happened again.
    sambish20 likes this.
  13. This morning, while looking at this thread, I got redirected to some news website. Tried it again, same thing happened. Tried just now, normal thread.
    But anyways, not a single flake here in washington :l
    607 likes this.
  14. The last time it snowed where I lived, Harry Truman was president, US troops were still in Korea, and people were still walking around paranoid that the commies were out to get them.

Good times.
    Marktanion and princebee like this.
  15. To be fair to the commies, they were out to get us as much as we were out to get them. It was just that nobody could think of a way to get the other without winter becoming a nuclear winter. Or summer, fall, and spring also being a nuclear winter.
    mba2012 and SecretAznEks like this.
  16. Bu... I got to Whistler, Canada twice a year once in the winter (about a month ago :)) and once in the summer :p
  17. It snowed today - but it was mixed with hail and it turned to slush once it hit the floor, because it rained non-stop last night >.>
  18. Meh, humbug. All you snow lovers now made me feel cold. Guess I should turn the heating one notch higher.

Happy now? ;)

Well, I live in the same country as the OP (607) and fortunately enough; no snow here :) I don't mind snow that much, but I'm also perfectly fine with experiencing a winter without :)
  19. Then you probably don't live in Friesland ;) Sigh, winters without ice-skating... :c They are dull winters.:)