Yay! Found an Xp Blaze Farm on SMP9

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Primescary, May 25, 2013.

1. Lets set up a scenario

<I'm adventuring In the nether
    <I have no idea where I'm going
    <I continue to dig tunnels in till I reach a fortress
    <I explore the fortress
    <After exploring I find a double Blaze grinder
    <I see that there is a sign with the owners name
    <I private message the owner, telling him I found his grinder
    <The owner allows me to use it, I use it in moderation, opposed to 24/7 grinding

Im assuming Primescary did the same
    Jkjk, As long as Primescary Doesn't alter the state of the build or steal things from the owner, I don't see how any of the rules would be broken
    Primescary likes this.
  2. ASK any mod infact you could ask ICC aikar or max im sure they tell you the same thing. Please fight me on this one because people have been banned for not doing so
  3. Oh of course that is acceptable, its just that your statement and some others were a bit too vague for my liking:)
    EpicWeow4 likes this.
  4. Scenarios always help :)
    Scenarios always help :)
  5. It's one of those sensitive subjects. Look at Allenergo who built a massive Iron farm west of the Wild spawn in Utopia. He promptly went nuts because people kept finding it and using it, even though he made no effort to stick it somewhere where it wouldn't be found.
    People would stand there 24/7 to harvest iron.

The difference with a Blaze Farm is that Rods only drop when the Blaze is player-killed, meaning it's not something you can 24/7 grind. You'll be stood on a spot where the Blaze will spawn, and yes, you could be auto-punching, but your returns will be really, really low.
    Far better to crush them then finish them off with Looting III.

I forget where I was going with this........... :D
  6. Deathtomb is, for the most part, correct.
    The majority of these rules apply to MOB SPAWNERS, not MOB GRINDERS as it reads in the quote. Therefore, the area is still public domain however altering the modified area can be and if the owner chooses to report you for it, be considered griefing.

This means that if you don't ask the player that built this if you can use it and modify the area, you can face punishments. By asking the player, they can tell you what they do and don't want you to do.
  7. In this case it sounds like the OP is just going to use, and not modify the grinder from time to time. There is no harm in this particular case from my view.
    jkjkjk182 and AlexChance like this.
  8. also if you show up at your grinder and a person is there and wont move for you, dig a hole under them, cover it up then continue using the grinder. they cant alter your work so digging out would be griefing :D perfect solution
    Jeanzl2000 likes this.
  9. Haha loopholes xD