Windows 10

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by NurseSparticals, Sep 14, 2015.

1. already downgraded and watching youtube again :)
  2. IE isn't on W10... The new version is known as Microsoft Edge. It is better than IE, because it can focus on the abilities of W10 rather than the limits of the older OS.
    I had an issue where if I tried to use the address bar as a search bar some letters and numbers came up... I fixed it by switching the default search engine from bing to Google (which I personally like better anyway)
  3. i know that IE was traded in for ME but the dang thing wouldnt load youtube (mostly the only thing i did on IE) so i nmy eyes it was useless, i understand other people have their own uses for it so im not completly dissing the browser but for my purpose it failed to work and since i downgraded last night my audio is back and working so until they fix the bugs with W10 im keeing my trustfull 8.1 :D
  4. I have no idea what people do to/with their PC's to make them like this.

I've upgraded my parents 6 year old system to W10 - 0 issues
    I've upraded my own PC - 0 issues.
    SkyDragonv8 likes this.
  5. I only have 1 problem with Windows 10: Microsoft Edge won't let me have a specific zoom per domain. Unless I am missing something...
  6. Windows 10 deleted my world so there's that.
  7. W10 seems to be messing with PC's differently
  8. For me Windows 10 won't even install. It is stuck in a download install loop.
  9. I will put my 2 Cents in, as I have seen a lot of complaints about Windows 10 recently.

Since Erektus and I have upgraded all of our Laptops and Desktops to windows 10 we have had no problems with performance or PC gaming. In my opinion Windows 10 is definitely an upgrade from its predecessor Windows 8, which was horrible for gaming, and playing Minecraft. If you're having problems with your PC, it's most likely your PC. Newer computers should have no problem with the upgrade, as for those with older laptops and desktops, I suggest sticking with or downgrading to Windows 7 if you plan on playing Minecraft or actually enjoying your web surfing experience.
  10. I could only see this being a driver problem from my experiences. I have installed ubuntu before and videos would not load and this was because I didnt install my nvidia driver.
  11. Where are you downloading it from?
  12. The Get Windows 10 app that the computer downloaded.
  13. When did you start downloading it?
  14. The day it was released.
  15. and it won't let you end the download?
  16. Nope. All it says is Windows 10 is downloading. When i click on the view download progress button, the app just closes.
  17. You could try using this tool provided by Microsoft. You can try making a bootable media and installing it from there.
    My Path variable is a complete mess filled with all sorts of stuff but here are the ones that seemed like generic stuff:
    C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;
  18. Thanks for the PATH stuff. Currently, my Path is also a mess of stuff, but that's mainly because of all the IDEs for different programming languages. I just had a noob moment when I erased all the default stuff.
    jkrmnj likes this.